Guys, I got my boyfriend's name tattooed on my back?

So to make a long story short, my boyfriend and I went drinking last night and I (drunkenly) decided to get his name tattooed on my back. I don't even remember much of what happened last night but I woke up with a faint memory of going to a tattoo parlor and sure enough the tattoo was there. I sort thought it was a dream at first lol but the proof obviously can't be denied. I honestly don't know what to think at the moment. I love him a lot and we've been dating for 3 years but at the same time it was a very foolish thing to do. I'm starting to think he talked me into it when I was in my drunken state because he's very happy with it and keeps saying how much it means to him that I got his name tattooed. A few months prior he brought up the idea and I was like "I'm not sure. I love you a lot but tattoos are just so permanent." I obviously can't predict the future and even though I see myself marrying this guy, I don't want his name to be forever on my body if we end up breaking up or something. I would feel very stupid. Thoughts about my decision to get it done? I obviously was too drunk to even consider the consequences of my actions. I'm starting to regret everything about that entire evening (or at least what I can remember of it). When I told him that I was not a fan of the tattoo, his feelings were very hurt and he was very bitter about the whole situation. Does he have a right to be so upset about my regretful feelings about it? He kept saying that he sees it as me doubting our relationship and a possible future together but I just think he's reading way too much into what I said. Thanks in advance!
Guys, I got my boyfriend's name tattooed on my back?
Add Opinion