Would you respect the girl more if she refuses to give you her number after talking a few lines online?

Every time I'm online talking to some new guy - almost immediately they always ask whether I am on whatsapp and either they leave their number or ask to exchange. This is after two lines of conversation exchange and nothing in depth - no name or no information on what they do, just a "hi" "what's your ethnic background" "where do you live".

I understand it's "easier" to communicate on whatsapp, but I don't want to just give my number out so casually. If I did that, I would be a very busy woman replying to people, who just collect numbers.

If a girl says "I'm sorry, but we only just started talking, and I understand it's easier to talk on whatsapp, but I honestly don't give out my number casually. If you want to get to know me a bit better, you're welcome to talk to me on here for a bit, before you decide whether you really want my number".

I don't want to come off as someone who is uptight and pretentious for not giving out my number, but I'm tired of being "collected" by these guys online.

How would you feel reading that from a girl? Would you think the girl is just a bit snobby? Or would you respect her more because she has standards? Would you continue talking to her, if that's her requirement?
2
1