Where are we heading?

Anonymous
I dated this guy a month or so back and I had a gut feeling something wasn't right so I confronted him. He admitted he had a girlfriend of about 5 months and said he didn't expect to meet me or have a connection with me. He said he wants to break it off with her but he wants to do it easy and try not to hurt her feelings. Well I wasn't cool with being with a guy already in a relationship so things went sour and we quit talking.

Just the other week he hit me up to see if I wanted to hang out and that he is single now. I told him that if he just wants sex its not going to happen because how can I believe him. He said he understood and commented that "I can get sex anywhere, I want to genuinely chill with you". We hung out and really enjoyed each others company. We've been talking a lot since then and I asked him what he wanted from me. He said that we were building right now, let's just see, expectations mess things up. In another sentence he put "you're mine though".

So do I take the time to just see what happens and give him a little trust or do I run because if he could cheat on his girlfriend how do I know he won't do it to me?
Where are we heading?
1
3