We are just good friends?

Hi, so I have been hanging out with this guy for about 6-8 months. We were buddies in school - where he had asked me out, but I had gracefully said no. We have met over the past few years but never hung out. We recently started hanging out and clicked really well. He loves hanging out with me alone as well. His gestures and actions towards me have been increasing and sometimes it's really difficult to say what he exactly wants from me. When I told him I kind of like him , his answer was we were just good friends. And we decided to remain friends. Our time spent to gether, drives going out talking texting increased. The other day something happened where my friends had set me up on a date and I went for it. He really got curious and told me to give the guy a hard time. I thought he was just messing with me but ended up saying a few things to me which made me smile and feel really special. Post my date- I asked him what was going on and the answer I got was I thought we cleared the air. So ultimately I told him that we should keep some distance. My question is does he like me? Everyone around me says he does, his actions and his gestures curiosity levels, the way he looks at me and wants to be around me all the time whenever we are hanging out in a group as well. Will he approach me?
We are just good friends?
Add Opinion