Do you think having a boyfriend/girlfriend as a kid counts as actually having had a bf/gf?

As in, if someone had a gf/bf at 10 etc., do you think it still counts as having had a gf/bf?

• Still counts
  • Doesn't count
  • Other
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

175

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on what you mean by kid. I had my first at 11 and I do count it, because of what we did and how we treated each other.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• I had 6-7 girlfriends most of them weren't serious. So I don't consider them in my "serious list"
    I've only had 3 serious relationships so far, including the one I'm in. We spend every day together playing games or talking, etc. The other two, we mostly just talked
    The first serious I had was when I was 13 (It was only 9 months)
    Second was 14-16 (2 and a half years)

• No it doesn't count. They are still kinda children.

• Relationship and commitment go hand in hand. How could you commit when you have idea what responsibility lays on your shoulder.

• Anything under 16 doesn't count.

What Girls Said 16

• I "dated" a classmate when I was 12 after he gave me half of his pizza in the lunch room when they ran out and I had to get the meatloaf (I'm not a fan of it unless my mama makes it..) we "broke up" the next day after he asked me if he could copy my homework and I said no because I didn't want to get in trouble. sorry friends but I don't think that is a solid relationship's make... never kissed, never even held hands. I don't count it. if you're a well rounded individual familiar with the inner workings of a stable happy relationship then I'm not sure why you'd count a grade school courtship. in fact there's people I know that don't count certain high school relationships for similar reasons. in all seriousness I think it comes down to how you feel about the experience and whether you feel like it functioned as a true relationship.

• If it counts to you, then it counts. When you grow up, you might think differently. But that's your choice to make :).

• I say it counts but its not serious at all and depends on the circumstance. For example, I had my first two boyfriends at age 1 which some would say you can date at that age but to me they weren't actually boyfriends to me because my friend set up the dates and asked the guys out for me instead of one of them asking me or me asking them. In my head it doesn't count as a real high school "relationship" if that makes sense.

• Since you're asking for opinions, I don't think it counts because at that age there isn't enough emotional maturity to have an actual relationship.

• "Kid" like 6 years old? Or "kid" like 16 years old?

No to the first. Yes to the second.

• 10 is maybe borderline. I'd say it depends on the seriousness of the relationship and how long it lasts... if they're together until they're 13, for example, is say it definitely counts. If they date for two weeks, then no. That may count as dating experience but not as a real relationship.

• Well, I'm 14 (and a 1/2) and I have a boyfriend but yes, I'd say 10 is way too early.

• I think it counts if that relationship goes into their older years like started dating at 10 and still dating at 15

• I did at the time but looking back I now dont refer to any guy as a boyfriend unless weve had sex, lol!

• Still counts

• In my personal opinion no it doesn't

• what a silly question, only logical answer is yes

• I would say any relationship that takes place over the age of 12, and lasts for more than 3 months

• well somewhat does count but not under the serious type of relationship

• It kind of depends on the context, and perhaps on the specific relationship in question.

• Does but it doesn't. Sure you can say that was your first boyfriend but when you get older relationships get different

• hi, when i was 11 at the first school disco, i kissed three guys, one i dated on and off all through school, one im still friends with now and he declares im his school crush and hold a place in his heart, the other one i married at 18 and although divorced at mid twenties still great friends, so i feel there can be a seriousness to it xx