What to do if a guy you're not sure you like asks you out?

Anonymous
More specifically it wasn't the guy himself who asked me out. It was his friends. They'd ask "Can you go out with my friend?" "Can he have your number?" They kept repeating these questions and eventually I started to feel uncomfortable and said no.

I wasn't sure what to reply since I don't know much about him. He is in my form class (and has been for three years) but we never had a proper conversation where we'd talk about our likes and dislikes, etc.

For me it is important that in a romantic relationship you and your partner have similar interest and don't just like each other for their looks.

Sure the guy who asked me out is moderately attractive but my problem as well is that he's about the same height as me. A little shorter. Personally I prefer guys who are taller. I know he is still growing since I'm only 14 but I just don't know if I feel the same way.

What do you think I should do? Give him a chance and see what it's like?
2
3