He called himself a "good guy", turns out he wasn't. How could I have known?

Anonymous
I started talking to this guy on a paid dating website. We hit it off, had a lot in common, and texted every day for about 2 and a half weeks. He eventually began telling me things like how happy I make him and complimenting me all the time, seemingly a sweet guy. We set up a first date to have a drink to break the ice and planned on getting together the next night as well since we clicked so much. I figured it was too good to be true. The night before we are to go on the date (that he asked me on), I asked if we were still on for all of our plans. He said absolutely, he was "dying to see" me and couldn't wait to finally meet me. ONE HOUR before our date, I am fully ready and about to leave he TEXTS ME and says he needs to reschedule because he is tired from his long day at work. I ask him "and what about tomorrow?" and he says "I think we should reschedule both" What? less than 24 hours prior you're dying to see me and now you're bailing? what the hell happened?
5
4