We go out to eat, come back to my place and kiss and cuddle but now all of a sudden he wants nothing to do with me?

FML24
About a week ago, a guy i have been talking to for 11 months took me out to eat to celebrate me finishing school. I had asked if he wanted to come in but he said he was only just gonna drop me off at the door but instead was like okay, i'll come in. We did all of the things i stated in the question but not sex. A week later I decided to ask him what are we doing because tbh I've been very lost in what we had going on and i wanted to know. All of a sudden he says he did like me and wanted to date me but i was too busy for him (he was busy too tho..) and how eventually he just stopped caring. That eventually led to me asking okay well how do you feel now and he said im not feeling us anymore and he wants to be left alone. My question is more so do you think he ever cared about me? like he wanted a relationship before we were ever intimate by kissing or anything (i was hoping he would just ask me to be his gf), he picked me up from somewhere when i needed help but he really didn't have to, he even let me pick his boogers. He stared into my eyes and complimented me that night we went out to eat so im just like how could he just be so nonchalant. I told him i would give him space and time to think and he said iight well take it easy and that was that. Do you think he will come back if i give him space? I sent him super caring and heartfelt text while we were having this talk so he knows how i feel about him. Like what should I do?
3
1