Guys, What should I do if I'm losing interest, and he's taking too much time?

Anonymous
I had talked to my date about taking things to the next level twice now but he told me to give him more time. We've been dating for quite a while now. I know he really likes me, and so do I. He makes a lot of effort, spends a lot of money. We genuinely enjoy our time together, laughing a lot and all. But his reason of not taking things to the next level is his fear of relationship because of his last one. So I said it probably means he's not over it (3-4 years ago), and he said no he's truly over it. I told him if he was not interested, he could just tell me. He said he really was, and to give him time. He even said he has no issues with us being official, and wanted it to be special.

So what do I do now? I'm starting to feel a little resentment and starting to lose interest already. I can't help but think his ex-girlfriends had things easier, while I don't. I'm subjected to his emotional baggage. He's been texting me, and I just don't feel like replying.

What should I do?
3