How do I get to know him more?

There's a guy at the gym i have my eye on. I had seen him around at the gym many times, but never talked. However, we both ended up doing the Spartan Race back in January. We both recognized each other, and started talking.

After that, we started talking at the gym. I always thought he was cute, but never had the guts to talk to him before. A friend of mine caught him checking me out once or twice (or so he says), which is very flattering if it's true.

I dont see him very often anymore since our work schedules are pretty opposite (he can only workout in the mornings on weekdays, and I can only workout at night on weekdays). The only time I usually see him is Saturday mornings. He nods at me when he sees me and sometimes comes up to talk to me and our mutual friends at the gym. I want to talk to him more but I don't want to interrupt his workout, and I'm shy with men. He usually keeps to himself, and I dont want to bother him. I know he's just being friendly, but it would be nice to see him more and talk to him more. How do I go about doing that?
How do I get to know him more?
1
1