He used to act like he liked me, 2 years reconnecting he changed. Any insight about him?

This guy was my masters supervisor, we kept in touch after I graduated but lost touch when I started my phd (i dropped him since i didn't want him as supervisor anymore and got another amazing professor). Anyway he was young and always seemed to like me but never pursued anything until when i graduated and he asked to meet up, i had a relationship at the time and although i thought it would be cool to catch up I ended up staying with my boyfriend and not going. I then moved to Italy, he would back then visit and call me the day before we had to meet to plan our coffee meetups. Later i had no professional relationship since i was in my own phd and he abroad working. But recently i was remembering him with my roommate and telling her how 6 years after i first met him i realise how much he has done for me. He always helped me pursue what i wanted and treated me with so much respect and care for all those 4 years. things i didn't know were rare back then. So i got in touch and he was happy, set a plan to meet at 8pm with me when he would be in town. However he cancelled fairly last minute and then planned a new day but didn't even get in touch until two days before his flight. On his last day he asked to meet and i said i dont think its a good idea since i have plans and he never sticks to plans (some friends said ignore, others said meet but i chose to be honest and real about his flakiness). He then made it clear he wanted to meet "late at night" and i thought how can he turn someone who he used to like or has a history with into a booty call? Also, he would have met me properly if he wanted to so why waste my time? What makes a man change that way, i was clear i wanted to meet and still remembered him. I even gave him a few chances despite his flakiness because i knew i just had to do it for myself until he took it too far and my mood was killed. Still, i feel sad he ended up doing that and it makes me question whether he felt strongly about me at all?
2
0