Is there anything wrong with trying to date the friend of a friend?

somewhat confusing situation , seems to revolve around 3 girls I've all meet the last couple of summers at bars here.

I first meet girl #1 summer 2015 , we never actually dated but had somewhat of a connection and the idea of dating was mentioned but she seemed to move away at end of that summer and left job at restaurant where I often saw her , then saw her a few times during summer 2016 at bar here and we got along a bit, once I gave her / and her girlfriend a ride home but nothing happened , but then didn't see her again till last weekend at a bar here , I tried to say hi but she mostly just ignored me and pretty sure I saw her walking home with another guy

girl # 2 is best friends with both girl #1 and girl #3 ( but girl # 1 and girl # 3 don't seem to ever talk to each other or that close ) , I would of first meet her summer 2015 too. although I never really talked to her much and she also worked at same restaurant at the time. she's very close to and good friends with both these girls and I've seen her at bar with them. I've never picked up any romantic interest in me from her but its possible she is jealous I like both her gf's , she seems to have a boyfriend but I admit to finding her attractive on some level but never really wanted to actually be with her , partly cause of fact she's friends with other 2 girls I liked

girl # 3, I first meet summer 2016 at a bar here ( was my first chance to talk to her in person ) but I had actually seen her online much earlier and had developed a crush on her when I first saw her profile a few years ago. she's very cute and type of girl I'm into , somewhat sexy but also somewhat average. so had this thing for her and had been into her well before I meet girl # 1 , but she and her gf's don't know that and just think I saw her at bar last summer and though she was hot. I don't even know if she likes me and think she's just annoyed I even like her and creating tension among her gf's but she does seem to be single at the moment

+1 y
so anyways my question is there really something wrong with me trying to date girl #3 as things with girl # 1 never really went anywhere anyways and there only connected through a mutual friend , its not like I dated her best friend and now trying to date her , they just seem to know a lot of the same people which is common in a small town
+1 y
I'd also be interested in hearing some girls thoughs on this? I'm I in the wrong? how would you feel if you were one of these girls
+1 y
an update I think girl # 1 has deep feelings for me , ran into her again and she was in a much better mood , haven't seen the other 2 in a few weeks
1
1