I hurt a girl I liked and cut off communication. Was it the right thing to do?

Me and this girl have been friends a few months, I have been chasing her awhile and she was finally going to consider giving me a chance, she just needed a few days to think about it. In those few days I slept with someone else and she found out, got mad and is still talking to me but I just couldn't do it anymore. I promised I wouldn't hurt her and i did, even though we wern't together, the guilt is still there, She says i don't owe her anything but she acted differently then before. I left a long apology not giving excuses but about how it wasn't a mistake but a choice i regret and I refuse to turn into one of those guys who claim not to hurt her, but then keep hurting her. So i cut off communication completely. I love her I fkd up, i know this and i accept the consequences. she deserves better, I runied my chance with her but even more i feel like i ruined her trust with me.
and although it hurts I just feel like i have to move on. Was cutting communication of the right thing to do?
1
0