Guys, Why would they act like this after a few dates?

lolitaaa__
ok so I don't want to come off like i'm whining/complaining, but I really want to know what this means from a guy's perspective:

I've been on several dates within the past year, for some reason every time I get to know a guy, and we go on a few dates I either get ghosted, (or occasionally, I ghost too i'm not gonna lie) or for some strange reason, I end up staying friends with the guy for a short period of time, and then all of a sudden it gets awkward between me and him and he doesn't want to talk to me or just flat out ignores me.

When this started happening about a 2 years ago, I used to be super self-conscious and think there was something wrong with me, I guess I had doubts about myself, but more and more I'm realizing it's just something that happens sometimes i guess? lol

I don't want to sound like i'm reading into this too much, but if any guys are willing to share, why do guys do this? and does it actually mean anything... I don't know negative per say

7