My boyfriend hasn't told me he loves me... but wants me to be confident in the relationship regardless?

Anonymous
Hi, so my boyfriend and I do have a great relationship. He treats me really well, always puts me first, is so considerate.

But he hasn't said I love you and it has been over a year. I said it 7 months in and he said he really likes me, but when he said it to other girls in the past, things didn't work out and he wanted to be sure this time. He said saying it means he sees a future and he wants to be sure. That's fine.

But that was 5 months ago. I brought it up again because it made me anxious. He said it wasn't me but he just "isn't sure" yet, but he still wants me to be confident of his feelings for me because he treats me well. Which he does, but... if he said it to all his ex girlfriends, why not me... I asked him why he doesn't see a future and he said "it's not that, it's nothing personal, I just has a lot of fear but I care for you so much and I don't want to lose you over this"

?

So confusing because he honestly treats me better than I've ever been treated but this "I love you" issue is bugging me, ESPECIALLY since he has said it to his previous 3 long term relationships. He said this is his best one yet so if that's the case... whyyyyyyyyyy
2
1