Is this a red flag or clueless guy?

musical3
So I met a guy online - we talked for a year - discovered that we had a common acquaintance and decided to go out. He lives about 2 hours from me. 1st date was great - instant connection so we were out really late. Because he lives so far away he slept over (but no sex) since it was late. He instantly made a 2nd date, text me good morning & good night & many conversations in between. He asks me a lot of questions. He said he is shy and had never been as comfortable on a 1st date before.

2nd date went just as well - again stayed over due to lateness and said that he wanted to get together again as soon as he had another weekend off. That night I was in a grocery store and I feel this tap on my shoulder - it was him! We texted all day and he never said he was still in town. He seemed happy to see me and gave me a hug and said he'd see me soon. He texted me a few times on his way home.

Here's what I'm confused on. We're not exclusive so he has no reason to tell me his plans except he has. He was on vacation and let me know ahead of time just in case he couldn't get in touch. He also easily could have avoided me but he made sure he knew I was there.

I plan to see other guys so if he was seeing another girl that's cool but I just find the whole thing a little sketchy. Is this a red flag or just a guy not thinking that the whole thing looks a little strange?

Is this a red flag or clueless guy?
1
1