I was led on nearly 5 years ago, and it's still affecting me. I don't know what to do anymore?

Anonymous
I was in college, and never really dated before. I was trusting. This girl I was attracted to started talking to me A LOT, so much that she took my phone at a party one night and put her number in it. She had a boyfriend at the time, so I never pursued anything. She kept trying to connect with me more and more until her boyfriend just went off about it, and they broke up. She sent me this paragraph text while I was on vacation telling me how great of a guy I was. So... I started to pursue. She was attentive at first then started showing other guys attention. I finally revealed that I had like her for a while. I asked if there was a chance for "us," and she said not yet. Long story short, she strung me along with hope for two years after that. Ever since, I've felt unstable, and unsure of myself and haven't been out with a woman since. I'm a wreck still, and she's gone through a few guys since then without a care in the world. I've always had trouble with my self esteem, but that killed it.
1
2