Is it bad I don't want a boyfriend right now?

My Mom and my grandmother keep setting me up and stuff. Saying it's a waste a girl like me doesn't want to be in a relationship. I have school, and my competitions going on. I don't need a guy distracting me from that and stuff. A lot of people don't get it. I'm trying to figure out my life before I start dating. Maybe a guy can change my mind, but right now I just want to be me.

• Yeah. That's bad... you should want a boyfriend
    0%(0)10%(13)Vote16%(13)
  • No. It's not bad at all.
    100%(49)90%(119)Vote84%(70)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 45

• yes it's bad, me personally I am not actively looking to be in a relationship, cause I wanna graduate from college first, but I desire to be in one. I told my friends that if I happen to befriend a girl and our friendship turned into a relationship it would be okay, because it was natural, and be it wouldn't be me hitting on girls or trying to get their phone number.
    so I think it's bad that you absolutely don't want a relationship, I think that u should at least have some desire for a relationship, in case u stumble across someone that just sweeps you off your feet

• you are very smart stick with your school and your competitions there is always time for guy later on and your life you don't have to have one right now what you do need is the education and complete what you're doing that way you can thrive in your life instead of fail always use your brain not your back it's just my opinion

• Well, I don't think a guy would distract you from it anymore than you distracting him from his life.. LOL.. But, no it's not bad.. It's good that you focusing on yoself for the time being.. Ain't nun wrong with that..

• In what way could it be considered to be bad? Is it "bad" morally? No. In what other way could it be bad? Is it "bad" for your well being/happiness? No. There's no logical argument for any way it could possibly be defined as "bad" so no, it's not bad.

• What I'm getting at is our opinions do not matter in terms of whether it is objectively bad or not. Using strict logical analysis yields the conclusion that no, it is not bad.

• Why should anyone have to want a partner? Not everyone is meant for relationships for most of their lives, and I'm definitely one of those guys. When you don't like anyone, you shouldn't be forced into wanting a boyfriend.. that's just insane.

• No, if you're in the privileged position where being single, or not being single, is a actually a choice to you then by all means, do what you think is best for the time being. Having other priorities right now is not a bad thing.

• it's not bad at all. right now you are way ahead of many people I see. who are all worried of they have the right f2f. boyfriend. your 20 years old. not 30 or 40. you know what you want and are going for it. that's something more people should do. as you mentioned. of you became evolved in a relationship you might change your mind that a very true. no one is perfect. when in a relationship there will always be compromises being made. of the relationship is going to last. and they need to be made from both sides. not a one person deal with that. so for now enjoy what your doing and good luck whenever you have your next competition

• It's your life, you wait until you are ready. Eventually you will just meet someone that blows you away. Don't let anyone force it on you.

• Your mom /grandma is just old-fashioned. No one needs a relationship, it's a want. I've been single for 12 years, too lazy for a relationship since those are hard work. At least you're smarter than most, trying to get your shit together first and making that the priority. As opposed to some here asking how can they sneak a boy into their room when they are still living with their parents, still in high school, and don't even have their own place or a job yet. Those are examples of impatience and doing things the hard way.

• your right guys get in the way lol

• Relationships are extremely overrated.

• people juggle multiple things, women are very good at it in fact, better than men.. so, don't use the "i have too many things" crap excuse

• use the time for you and don't feel obligated to find someone. love comes naturally

• Of course it's not bad. But come on, you have one of the coolest Mom and Grandmom in the world. ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

Like Toad-1 said, just play video games. It's an AWESOME time to be a gamer. ๐Ÿ˜

• it is funny how family tries to interfere with these matters. it is good to be single. you will be a lot free and can concentrate on things that really matter. hope your family listens.

• I talked with your mother. She's right, You should be having cute red headed babies, not spending money on college. Jesus gave you a vagina for specifically that reason. SMH, youth is wasted on the young ๐Ÿ˜„

• tell them to chill the heck out. You're not any better with or lesser without.

jesus christ these old people need to chill out.

• Sure its nice to have a companion but you have your priorities and dating isn't a top priority, so what if you want to finish school and get established. I honesty don't see anything wrong with it

• Power to you, it's your right and it's good you have priorities. That being said make sure your reasons are the right one. Know what I mean? Your a lovely looking girl by the way

• Nothing wrong with it at all, priorities in life are the individuals and not others. Do what you want in life and when you want to.

• Itโ€™s ok to choose not to date and to continue being single. More and more people choose this option these days and being 21 is certainly not an age in which you need to feel desperate. Take your time and enjoy your life. Though just make it clear to those whom you meet that you want to start out by looking for friends and taking things very slowly. If you meet guys who canโ€™t respect this boundary, then they arenโ€™t worth your time.

• Me too
    -I don't like to have a wife between my 20-25
    -the reason is that i would like to enjoy my life first and do the things that i wanna do like travelling, studying and other priorities but that shouldn't prevent me from having a girlfriend through this time and marry her later

• No. It's not bad at all. You should concentrate on more important things.

• It's up to you how you fill about it if you can't make time to be with sum 2 then it ends badly you hurt the 1 you care about

• Much of the same reason I avoid having a girlfriend, one should have priorities.

• Yes you should want s boyfriend. Stop wasting your damn life girl xD

• hey its not bad u just wanna wait be u done let other people make ur chouces tell them flat out i dont want a boyfriend rn I wanna figure out what I wanna do in my life

• totally fine

• Thats really sad they view that as a waste.

• More from Guys
    15

What Girls Said 8

• I think you know what you want better than we do or your mom and grandmother so if you do not want to date right now, do not date. I think that is perfectly fine.

You are attractive and cute and your posts are intelligent and thoughtful. I suspect that once you want to date, you will have no problem finding dates.

Good luck with school and your competitions.

• Honey, no. If you don't want to date right now, awesome! If you find that you want to date someone in a few weeks, awesome! If you don't want to date anyone ever again, also awesome. There are many ways to have a full and happy life that don't involve romantic love. It's amazing to explore them every now and again.

• That's exactly what I'm doing. But moms and the like just want grandchildren

• It makes perfect sense.

Put your actual life in front of others

• I think that's a very responsible and mature decision to make. If you're not ready for something, don't force yourself into it.

• No, you're fine

• A boyfriend isn't a necessity.

• you slut