Have you ever dated someone who was obsessed with you? (In a good way - not creepy)?

My past roommate always told me she only dated guys who were obsessed with her. But like in a good way. And now my friend is talking to a guy who she said seems obsessed with her and he's the first one to act like this. Obsessed like he says how pretty she is and how nice she is and talks to her all the time (texting that haven't met yet.) jw if anyone else agrees with this?

220

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like she's a princess that needs subjects to worship her rather than bf's. If she'd the high-maintenance type that gets mad at me just because I was giving my lips a rest for an extra hour and forgot to kiss her feet at lunchtime the relationship is doomed, that would totally get on my nerves real quick.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's a good idea. I dated a guy who was the same way. At first he was like a dream come true. We talked 24/7 and he was so good to me. We fell fast and hard for one another. But that led to us moving in together way too fast, it wasn't until then that the obsession side of him was revealed to actually be scary and dangerous. I basically become his barbie doll trapped in the house all day. He switched from being this amazing and caring man to this total psycho. I couldn't go anywhere, I couldn't hang out with friends, even if we were in public and a random guy looked at me, he would accuse me of cheating on him. He had every single one of my social media accounts connected to his phone and I had no idea until way after the fact. GPS tracker on my phone, etc. He was extremely manipulative and emotional abusive. He really messed me up. It took me over a year to get away from him, and even then it tools months for him to stop trying to contact me and following me. I could go on forever but the bottom line is.. That "good" kind of obsession is almost always linked to the worst kind of obsession. If he creeps you out or you have to question if it's normal or not, run fast.

• Wow I'm sorry it was like that for you! I think my roommate meant just really into you, she just used the term obsessed for some reason. I always found it odd she told me that actually lol. I think she needs to say love not obsessed.

• Well a big thing to look out for is if he has friends and other people in his life. If not, I would still run. lol. But if it's just a harmless affection type thing then completely ignore everything I just said. lmao. Because otherwise, I think it's great when a guy doesn't hold back on affection and making his girl feel beautiful and wanted. Good luck to her.

• Actually he's married to him now :) just a month ago. She's pretty lucky he's a great guy to her!

What Guys Said 19

• I dated a girl obsessed with me in high school. I think she was obsessed because she was trying to make up and make it right for picking other guys over me. She was trying so hard to make me happy. But I just used her and treated her bad.

I always hate it when girls pick another guy over you and then want you later. WTF

• No but I recently dealt with someone that was obsessed with me in a creepy way that I had to block them completely on everything.

• Love is an obsession.

• Oh, yes... When we're not together, she always got angry and thought things like i'm with another girl when i didn't answer for her messages (not for a couple hours, for 5-10 minutes). She got jealous even when i hug or hang out too much (3-4 hours) with a guy. At the and, i blocked her from every possible platform and changed my phone number...

• Well, I had some casual sex encounters with a girl who became obsessed with me, but I though that was quite creepy. I don't seem to attract the ladies that actually want a real relationship, but aren't creepy about it.

• There's no good way to be obsessed. When someone's obsessed they behave as long as they have the object of their obsession. Losing or risking it is what creates instability.

• No but if there was I'd be happy so I can finally fuck and have a girlfriend.

• no but i like clingy and obsessed even in creepy way so i would like it

• No...

• I did see someone once who was very into me.. he wanted 24/7 attention

• All women like you just hate me because I'm fat, ugly, and have a disability. Why should I like you and complement you on you looks?

• Yes. It was terrible.

• I wouldn't really consider it an obsession unless the guy is actively going out of his way to keep tabs on her.

• Yeah, I regret it. she broke up with me

• Yes. And and we broke up and now I regret it

• yes but that ended years later in a bad way 😂

• Obsession is always the same - "creepy".

• I don't think there is such a thing as "good obsessed"

It sounds like she enjoys thinking she's better than the person she's date

• There is no such thing as ''obsessed in a good way''

What Girls Said 1