+1 y

Is she interested in me or is she just leading me on? Why does she always stare at me?

So I'm going into my senior year of high school and this girl I like is a sophomore. We have similar interests and kind of know some of each other's friends. I asked her out in the beginning of April, out of nowhere, and she politely told me she has a boyfriend.

Shortly after the break, however, about a week or two after school started again, I saw her staring or glancing at me at every opportunity, sometimes accompanied by playing with her hair or always facing me when I'm the same area. This would literally happen 5 or 6 times a day. Sometimes I would ignore it, and sometimes I would look back, at which point we'd both sort of glance away.

I'm positive she was trying to get me to talk to her, and yet I didn't have the nerve to approach her again. The school year ended on that note. Since then, I decided to message her on Instagram. I requested to follower her and she accepted. After that, it took me a month and a half to work up the courage to do it.

I sent her a simple message : Hey. Could we talk?
I wanted to tell her I still have feelings for her and it was kind of weird to just ask out of nowhere, so maybe we should try to get to know each other a bit.

However, she hasn't answered back and it's been a good week or two now. My instincts tell me she definitely has or had some feelings for me, but I'm not sure what to do or say anymore. After doing it, I don't think messaging her was the right move. I had done some poking around online, and found only a single picture of a possible boyfriend. I think maybe she liked me and now doesn't cause she feels hurt that I didn't talk to her.

I want to start talking to her more, and I plan to once school starts again. Unfortunately, I dont have too much experience in these situations and I really don't know what to do.
I can't stop myself from wondering about this whole situation so please help shed some light on how she feels, what she is thinking, and how I should continue with this when the school year starts.
2
0