Do you only associate with people you find good looking?

To be attracted to someone is necessary to get a significant other. But are those people who only want to associate with good looking people in a platonic manner wrong for selecting others based on looks?

• Yes as I only want to be around people I find good looking even if I'm not in a relationship with those people
  • No as I have no problem being in platonic relationship with those who aren't good looking
Select a gender to cast your vote:

32

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know if anyone consciously associates with people strictly on just appearance. I don't even know if that's even a slight consideration. I know why I associate myself with people and it's not because of how they look. It's usually somethings along the lines of them being similar to me, hold good values, and are kind people overall.

What Girls Said 3

• No, people with substance. If they are attractive, so be it.

• if i end up friends with someone not as attractive and they are kind and like minded and smart people i don't care. but yes i do make my first judgements on looks too. but more regarding confidence and social skills than pure looks.

• no idon't mind it

What Guys Said 1

• Well looks play a role in appearing friendly. So yeah, given a room full of strangers and a task of making friends, people are more inclined to talk to the pretty girls and handsome guys.

In reality, your circumstances and situations determine your friends. Chances are you're friendly with work colleagues who are not objectively attractively.