Is it a bad idea to ask out a guy over facebook?

I know a couple cute guys, and have been wanting to go on a date. I'd prefer to ask em in person, but I have no way to get to them. Is it normal to ask out people over text now?

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

524

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends ideally you should do it in person but if you can't you can't. Or you could ask to meet up. But if you can't then doing it by text is best but if your asking someone on a date then surely you can because if your meeting for dinner why not meet to ask him out.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, that's the norm nowadays.

What Guys Said 23

• Not really.. A girl tried to do that with me back in High-school.. And I ain't have a prob with it.. I'm always flattered.. haha..

• It's okay, just make sure they add you as friends first, otherwise your message will probably end up in their spam folder.

• No, that's fine. I personally don't care how a girl asks me out. Just the fact that she thinks enough of me to put herself out there that much means a lot. Guys like to be wanted, too. That's why I work to be fit

• Well, if you're a good-looking girl and know they would be interested, why not? Of course, there's no way to find out if they're interested in you without asking them out, which sucks, but if you don't want to be potentially rejected, then try to infer to whether they fancy you or not beforehand.

• If there's no way to get to them, is it really worth dating them in the first place?

• how much do you even know these guys, u can't just go by them being cute, my advice is just date someone you know in real life.

• At your age I'd say it's ok.

• I asked a girl out through Facebook that I knew from marching band. She said she was flattered but she would've said yes if I asked in person. So I'd say it's a bad idea

• Why not? Most guys will be receptive to it unless they're seeing someone.

• It's best you ask him out face to face. It just gives him a better opportunity to think about it.

• it's definitely normal to just ask someone out over the internet nowadays

• No, but you can just ask me here as well ;)

• Yes it is

• If that's the only way, sure, go for it!

• ask in private message/txt.

• no. nowadays everything is normal.

• so easy to hack fb sure blind trust only leads to gas chambers

• No.. it's better in person or when you're talking to them on phone than on Facebook or text though

• you can't get to them bc they're overseas or a distance off?
    Otherwise always do it in person

• You can ask me out with an email for all I care

• Well, I tried that with girls and failed everytime.

• guys by definition are not as bitchy as girls. We don't care how to be asked out. If it's over fb, you make it clear that it's a date and he likes you, he will be happy

• It's fine to ask them out that way.

What Girls Said 4

• The only time I think it's cheesy is if someone had the capability to call or text. In your case you can't, so Facebook seems like a fine place to start.

• I voted yes its a bad idea. You sorta have two questions and I didn't read the description before voting.

• I would rather a guy ask me out in person rather than text or over social media. It shows that the guy has got big balls 😂

• No. It's not a bad idea