Could you date someone who doesn't want sex?

Im asexual, which means Im not sexually attracted to anyone, but am still willing to date

• Absolutely
  • No way
  • If I loved them enough
    Vote C
  • Maybe...
    Vote D
Select a gender to cast your vote:

1031

Most Helpful Guy

• I could date a woman who did not have a string libido but was willing to have sex for the intimacy and to keep me satisfied, but if there is no sex at all. . . how is this different than having a best friend of the opposite sex?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not sure to be honest. You dislike any form of physical intimacy?

What Guys Said 30

• No because I'm aromantic and I'm asexual too.

• As many others I'd consider that friendship.
    Half-assed kiss without the sexual attraction wouldn't feel the same.
    There's also the matter of sexual activities.

You're better of living a good friendship life with someone than a "Conveniant" love life.

• Even though you're not sexually attracted to them, do you still have sex with them from time to time or not at all?

• Probably not. Love and sexual tension is a big part of relationships and if that's not there... kind of pointless.

• Like... they NEVER want sex?

I can't deal with that. I need some sort of sexual contact in order to to feel fully connected.

• Maybe, I am asexual and aromantic, but I have never been in a relationship. So I don't know if I would like it

• I COULD, but... i wouldn't. I'd feel like she wasn't sexually attracted to me which is a HUGE deal breaker. Besides, i love sex. I'm not joining a monastery so i refuse to live sexless, life's too short for that b. s.

• No, for most people, sex is an important part of a relationship and the deepest and most intimate connection that you can share with someone.

• No, I need sex in a romantic relationship.

• I'm asexual and I know 3 more people on this website that also are, you'll find someone similar to you.

• I'd prefer it. I don't want sex either

• Absolutely. Sex is disgusting.

• Yes it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

• Nope. I dont want a cousin. I want a woman.

• No but there are pepole out there for you and there are probly even asexual dating sights bye now?

• even though you're not sexually attracted to anyone if you loved the guy and knew he did like sex why not just do it to please him.

• Let's see

Nope I can't date a woman who hates sex

• I don't understand why it's even called asexual, asexual means you can reproduce by yourself, you're just not interested in sex.

• Please google the definition of asexual and get back to me.

• Its no problem, we dont have that much representation

• Well to answer your question I would only date someone who was asexual if we had some type of agreement where I would be able to have sex with someone else

• Then it would called friendship

• Not a chance. Those people are called friends. Women are only good for sex. And now that they give it up so easy it's not even worth being with one if she's not putting out.

• I can't sorry

• Nope, sorry. Sex is important to me in a relationship.

• hmm yea I'm the same. friendship yes. but I got physical needs too.

• Wouldn't you even let him go down on you?

• I need sex

• No way

• thats not dating, thats having a friend

• Been there.

It's so much worse than being single.

No I'd never consider it for a second again.

• I too find the idea of sexual intercourse itself, with either gender, unappealing, and I'd go for someone who was okay not doing it in a heartbeat. But I still like to cuddle naked, touch, hug, kiss, and do other things? Does this make me asexual? Do you completely avoid anything sexual (i. e. cuddling naked) or just intercourse itself? Curious.

• I don't believe asexual is a real thing it sounds like a phase tbh

• Well, we do exist and asexuality is not more a phase than heterosexuality. If you want to learn more about it there is an amazing community open to answering questions, if you go to asexuality. org, or you can ask me

• Best of luck

• Thanks for the enlightenment

What Girls Said 9

• I can't really answer your question because logic tells me that if you're asexual, you aren't interested in really a relationship. I don't mean that to sound funny - I'm actually interested in your answer. What part of being intimate does it limit to? Will you kiss but not have sex? Does it mean no touchy-feely either?

For example, if you were in a relationship with someone, and they said, "You know what, I love you but I need sex. I'm going to go have sex with someone else and just come home to you and be your partner in all other ways." Would something like this be okay or would it hurt you? Would you be jealous and not want them having sex with someone? Are your non-feelings for sex also disconnected in relating what someone else does with their sex life?

I'm trying to put this in to perspective for me to understand. Such as, my husband loves to go fishing. I don't. So to fulfill his fishing needs and desires, he goes with a friend. I don't care. Fishing does nothing for me. I'll see him in six hours. When he comes home, he's all mine again. Is that sort of what you might feel if your partner wants sex but not love from someone else?

• Bit of a waste of time. The relationship would not go anywhere.

• Actually I've found that relationships like this actually lead to a lot of deep emotional connection and trust

• I need sex too much to be able to cope with a non-sexual relationship.

• Thats a fine opinion

• YES and YES! I am asexual myself and hope to one day meet a fellow asexual and spend my life with them!

However, if I would date someone who wanted to be with me, but just had sex with others. I don't really care about sex in the slightest and I'm dating that for the friendship and romance.. not for the sexual intimacy. However, a relationship like that rarely ever works... So, it's just better for me to date an asexual.

• Wanting to spend time with someone but not interested in romantic/sexual activity wouldn't really be dating, I'd consider that a friendship.

• there's a difference between sexual and romantic attraction, so you can date someone and do all the romantic things, just without the sex.

• Cool. I hope you find a like minded mate to share your life with 💟

• Thanks!

• Me personally no I enjoy sex and I think it's a great way to be close to someone. However there are please just like you! You'll find someone!

• Thanks, I just wanted to find out how many allosexuals would date without sex

• That's fair enough there are lots of people who feel the same way as you, you've just gotta be honest

• I can't do that..

• You aren't dating if you aren't intimate with him. You are just friends.

• I want to save my virginity until marriage, so yes.

• I can't, I love sex