Do you look down on women who want to be just trophy housewives?

I do because women have fought for the right for women to be independent and to work for a living. I believe that women who just want to be trophy housewives are setting back the clock over 100 years.

• Yes
  • No
Select a gender to cast your vote:

58

Most Helpful Girl

• If I'm honest... yeah. Because it's basically living off someone else's charity instead of taking opportunity, talent and determination to do something not only for themselves but for society.

I get that when kids come along priorities shift and if it's possible it's wonderful to stay home with them. But until then, and afterwards it just seems lazy to not at least try and work.
    I have super strong feelings about everyone being financially self sufficient though lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I think its a rather pointless and sad existence.

I'm not sure the point of this world, but I'm pretty sure its not to sit back and do nothing while it passes you by.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't. Women fought for the right for women to be whatever they want. And if this the life they choose then mkre power to them

• Women have fought so that other women could choose and pursue the life they want to live.

• They can do whatever they want, I don't really care what another chick chooses to do with her life.

• People are free to choose what they want to be in life. If that woman wants to be a housewife then so be it. It doesn't mean she represents the rest of the world's women.

What Guys Said 7

• If she's an actual housewife then that's nothing to look down upon if she's a stay at home trophy wife then I just think she's lazy, either way it's her life choice so why should anyone else care? Honestly, it feels more like setting the clock back if you tell them they can't do so.

• if i was a girl my goal would to be a trophy housewife, so no problem with that

however, i do respect a girl who works her butt off to live by herself or pay for school

if her parents pay for everything for her and she doesn't work then i will judge her for that

• I lose no sleep over this.

• No, I'd be down to be a trophy husband. Gives you a good bit of freedom.

• I don't think they had private plane travel 100 years ago.

• superficial body images maintained with plastic surgery so they can trade on their looks, vapid users and leeches.

• housewives no, trophy housewives yes. I'd say there is difference. one just wants to be lazy and have the good life.