Should Young Teens (12,13,14) Date?

I dated when I was 13 and I regretted everything. There was to much fighting over petty stuff, drama, and other irrelevant things. It's seems like every tween or young teen is dating. For my advice for those who are just starting to become a teen or who already is a teen is to just wait. What's the big rush anyways? Dating at a young age could potentially lead to problems later on. For both boys and girls.Should Young Teens (12,13,14) Date??

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends (Explain)
    Vote C

149

Most Helpful Guy

• all those things, the drama, the fights are going to happen. better to learn about it when your young then to be an adult with unhealthy ideas about relationships. I got that stuff out of the way when I was 15. Most friends now (17, 18, 19) are finally now getting into their first relationships and theyre facing the same problems I did. Only the pain is lasting longer and they are hurting more. when your young the stuff you fight over doesn't matter as much it doesn't affect anything. when your a young adult and going through that you can fuck your life up.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, and these are the main reasons why:

1. They barely made it out of elementary school, or even middle school. Your still technically kids. It's not back in ancient times where puberty meant you were already a man or woman at those ages.

2. Speaking of ancient times, people got married young and had the maturity of an adult. At those ages, rarely like myself are people who have the brain of a functioning adult, with wisdom of the world and such, but the body is still trying to keep up. Therefore because of hormonal changes your going to become more confused about who you really are as a person. What you really want or need. Dating won't solve your 'adult' problems.

3. Your still discovering yourself as a person. Dating again, won't help you discover what you want. Only hinder you further back when your already clueless and less assertive.

4. Kids at those ages are sex crazy. Not just because of hormones, but because to porn exposure, adult themed movies being shown to them, peers or parents telling them to masturbate etc. All unnecessary things to be telling a child who knows NOTHING. They want to date, and basically have sex. Because they figure it what makes you an adult. Kids as young as 8 even had sex. Whether accidentally or knowingly. You don't know what your doing. No difference than teenagers themselves or adults period depending on mindset.

5. You can't get married, or have a job at those ages. 12,13 and sometimes even 14+ is the time for girls to experience having her first period if they didn't have it earlier than 12. God forbid she get's pregnant or an STD, even with those condoms on, she's screwed. And so is the kid who infected her, infected each other together as virgins, or impregnated her.

6. You're less likely to be together by the time you exit high school. It's not impossible. But because most kids and teens are not concern about serious relationships or marrying young, let alone waiting for marriage to experience sexual activity of ANY KIND, the more damage your setting yourself up for the future.

7. Dating is NOT about an experience. Never was, never should be. If you meet a person who is looking to marry you and start a family, how are you going to conduct yourself as an adult? Think about it. What you do now will reflect your future later if you don't learn from your mistakes, change and never do them again. Relationships are tough, just like being single is. But marriage is tougher for the right reasons.

• You don't want to make things complicated than things already are with people. Overall, I'm glad you learned early and taking this maturely. It's not worth the hassle when your immature and don't know anything by lacking wisdom to do life right.

What Guys Said 8

• Getting started early is good. It prepares you for your young adult life when you will be wanting to find a long-term partner.

• Date not Fuck, grope, make out, dry hump, jack each other off.

• I think you can only really start dating when you're around 16 or 17, and even that is a bit young. There's a lot of drama and miscommunication when you're you, and you have practically no privacy.

• Yes and no. Heartbreak is upsetting.

• I was in a relationship when I was 14 that lasted over a year but If I had a do over I would have waited till I was 15

• 7-6-8 years old too

• I'm going to ask a girl out in October

• I dated a 13 yo when I was 15

What Girls Said 13

• I think at such a young age there's little change of it progressing into anything with potential besides maybe becoming sexual so young or damage your mind emotional development thinking you need a constant partner throughout life or by investing yourself into that other young person so early

• Depends on how mature the people are and why they want a relationship. Sometimes young love works out, most times it doesn't though. I got my first boyfriend at 14, I don't regret it.

• I was fourteen and got into a relationship that got too serious too fast and I copped out before we could fight or anything. I wasn't ready. Some kids can handle it but I couldn't.

• No y? Believe me

• If they want to

• i think you should start dating when you can drive. so 14 in most states, where i live I had a farmer's licence so i started driving when i was 12 which is to young but I think you should start dating when u get to high school. and heart break sucks but you can't know that if it's never happened

• It depends. Some young teens and tweens are mature and ready for relationships, while others just want to grow up faster.

• Eh. I dated when I was 13. It was a shit show. Guess what? Dating is a shit show all the time.

• As long as they don't fuck or make out, since it's too early for that. But overall I guess it helps young people think more mature.

• I think they can date and experiment to help them understand how things work and have trial and error to help them prepare for when they are actually ready for a serious relationship.

• I'm 13 and I'm in a good relationship. It comes down to trust. I rarely argue honestly so I don't get mad in a relationship unless there's a reason to.

• I think they show start dating when they are in high school, around 15, because that's when they start to understand things a whole lot better.

• I think it's kinda dumb, yes but I do think we learn from those relationships.
    One thing I wish I knew is that it was silly to expect those relationships to last or to be serious or committed so I ended up being sad and hurt.
    But I believe I grew stronger and more knowledable from that pain.

• u r not the only one , that's why it's better to avoids it in that age