I dated when I was 13 and I regretted everything. There was to much fighting over petty stuff, drama, and other irrelevant things. It's seems like every tween or young teen is dating. For my advice for those who are just starting to become a teen or who already is a teen is to just wait. What's the big rush anyways? Dating at a young age could potentially lead to problems later on. For both boys and girls.
- YesVote A
- NoVote B
- Depends (Explain)Vote C
Most Helpful Guy
all those things, the drama, the fights are going to happen. better to learn about it when your young then to be an adult with unhealthy ideas about relationships. I got that stuff out of the way when I was 15. Most friends now (17, 18, 19) are finally now getting into their first relationships and theyre facing the same problems I did. Only the pain is lasting longer and they are hurting more. when your young the stuff you fight over doesn't matter as much it doesn't affect anything. when your a young adult and going through that you can fuck your life up.0
Most Helpful Girl
No, and these are the main reasons why:
1. They barely made it out of elementary school, or even middle school. Your still technically kids. It's not back in ancient times where puberty meant you were already a man or woman at those ages.
2. Speaking of ancient times, people got married young and had the maturity of an adult. At those ages, rarely like myself are people who have the brain of a functioning adult, with wisdom of the world and such, but the body is still trying to keep up. Therefore because of hormonal changes your going to become more confused about who you really are as a person. What you really want or need. Dating won't solve your 'adult' problems.
3. Your still discovering yourself as a person. Dating again, won't help you discover what you want. Only hinder you further back when your already clueless and less assertive.
4. Kids at those ages are sex crazy. Not just because of hormones, but because to porn exposure, adult themed movies being shown to them, peers or parents telling them to masturbate etc. All unnecessary things to be telling a child who knows NOTHING. They want to date, and basically have sex. Because they figure it what makes you an adult. Kids as young as 8 even had sex. Whether accidentally or knowingly. You don't know what your doing. No difference than teenagers themselves or adults period depending on mindset.
5. You can't get married, or have a job at those ages. 12,13 and sometimes even 14+ is the time for girls to experience having her first period if they didn't have it earlier than 12. God forbid she get's pregnant or an STD, even with those condoms on, she's screwed. And so is the kid who infected her, infected each other together as virgins, or impregnated her.
6. You're less likely to be together by the time you exit high school. It's not impossible. But because most kids and teens are not concern about serious relationships or marrying young, let alone waiting for marriage to experience sexual activity of ANY KIND, the more damage your setting yourself up for the future.
7. Dating is NOT about an experience. Never was, never should be. If you meet a person who is looking to marry you and start a family, how are you going to conduct yourself as an adult? Think about it. What you do now will reflect your future later if you don't learn from your mistakes, change and never do them again. Relationships are tough, just like being single is. But marriage is tougher for the right reasons.2