Do you like it when girls have low self esteem so you can comfort her?

• Hell yeah
  • Not my thing

1022

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think anybody should want someone to feel like shit about themselves just so they can feel some kind of personal value and gain from it. Says a lot about the other person who enjoys that. I. e. they're a self centered piece of shit or have low self esteem themselves.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

The line between "being a little insecure" and "absolutely pathetic" can get pretty blurry. I think that has to be said right off the bat.

If a girl tends to stress over little stuff about herself, or things that are actually good but she somehow warped it to be negative, it can be really cute.

But if she hates herself to the point where she gets reckless or she's unable to show affection in the relationship because she doesn't feel attractive (despite my constant attempts to show her otherwise), there's where I take issue.

What Girls Said 9

• I think that maybe they would like it if every once in a while she had a bad day so he could comfort her and feel like a man, but if she is like that all the time it is really not attractive. Confidence is hot, and after a while a guy telling a girl she is pretty and her disagreeing and pointing out her flaws will just get old, he's attracted to you so clearly you aren't that bad.

• Nah, I prefer to see someone with high self esteem.

• I like it when dudes do.

• A woman should be confident with herself and her looks no matter what. Love yourself or you won't be able to love anyone else.

• "Love yourself or you won't be able to love anyone else." it's just an empty phrase. You can love others without loving yourself.

• Yeah, no.

• I have. 😅 Because of ASD and Cerebral Palsy.

• yes it's nice to be comforted when no one else cares

• That is rape. Wtf she doesn't realise how good she is so you take advantage of that and abuse it for your own gain. Rapist Rapist she should be well informed

• LMFAOOOOO probably the most ridiculous comment I've ever seen on GAG lmao rapist she said hahah XD

• what I don't get it

• well yeahhh obviously. I always make the right choices bcos what I want is the right choice.

• No l don't like it

What Guys Said 21

• I think many men will agree, but not say it out loud because it's frowned upon and not politically correct.

• Do you low key like it?

• He called me stupid, I'm not kissing him.

• But the love is in the air

• No, I don't. Those women don't tend to change and so eventually you are a bit of a crutch for them. The whole situation just gets particularly exhausting and eventually even annoying. You can't change someone else, he/she has to will to do that on their own.

• lol wait until you actually date a girl with low self esteem, you'll get dragged down too. Seen it happen to too many good blokes.

• I would like to comfort her but I don't want her to have low self esteem. what about youM

• no because you can't comfort someone with low self esteem. every damn compliment turns into a fight. they get suspicious of every action you take and ultimatley they aren't mentally ready to be in a relationship

• I don't mind doing it once in a while but if it becomes a common occurrence I think Jesus Christ woman, get your shit together. You're like Humpty fucking dumpty and I've gotta put your fragile ass back together again all the damn time.

• I wouldn't mind being with a girl who has low self esteem provided that it doesn't affect the relationship. I have it too but I don't let it be a burden to others because no matter how much someone may being willing to help, it becomes tiresome after a while if it's a constant thing.

• That is a path to the Friend Zone.

• its impossible to comfort someone with low self esteem, well actually it depends are if were talking suicide low or they don't like their eyebrows low

• it really depends for example if the boy is cutting lol (very often) boys will find it nice and lovely if they uh lmao comfort them but if the boy has good self esteem i think it works good the other way around its gonna be a real close relation ship if both are emo and stuff <3 but yes it just varies

• yeah because I have none so it will be like a win win situation

• God no. I've had self-esteem issues myself, and I know how hard it was for people to like me. All because I learned that I pushed people away from me. I have changed a lot over the last weekend, and I can safely say I deserve a high-quality partner, one which wouldn't have to require such extraneous effort to put love into.

• Ehhh no thank you lol I prefer confidence and high self esteem

• No but if I liked a girl enough I would try to help her overcome it

• That's not my thing. I need her to drag me down with her low self esteem

• No. It's annoying.

• yes because I like to know she needs me

• Girls love it

• My ex had depression and anxiety, I think part of why I liked her and stayed with her for as long as I did, no matter how fucked up it sounds, was that her problems made me have to take care for her and comfort her so I felt that someone really needed me and it helped distract me from my own problems

• For a pump and dump yes but for a serious relationship I want a girl who knows her value, has confidence and respects herself. You can't respect someone who doesn't respect themselves.

• No thank you. I'm not in the business of coddling women. They're already coddled enough by the law and by society, they don't need anymore.