Would you date someone in the military?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah it can not be the only criteria for dating someone.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe I'd be open to dating a military doctor (though I doubt it, it'd probably include a lot of long distance stuff which isn't something I want to do).

What Guys Said 29

• I wouldn't. Back in my USMC days, I went out of my way to warn women that I would likely be unavailable for huge swathes of time. If they were okay with that, we'd move pretty slow. Most of my friends got married and divorced before even finishing their first 4.

• I'm not sure I would. I mean I really love and admire her wish to serve the country. But with the fact that she would be gone for a while (and maybe never even come back) scares me. If I was married, that would be a different story. 'Til death do us part, right. But dating? I'd be hesitant.

• Of course I would. =^.^=

• sure. why not. did they stop allowing humans to serve. their people too

• Absolutely. Though as a military man, I might be a bit biased.

• I remember countless of stories where soldiers have been cheated on by their girlfriends because they were serving the army for a year. A few of them committed suicide as a result right there.

• Not likely, unless I was in it and we were on your together or whatever

• No tbh

• yes.

• I have before, I might do it again.

• yaaas

• maybe

• I did while I was in

• nopessss

• No problem

• no because you never know when they might have to leave

• damn right

• i would date... they are pride of our nation...

• it would be very stressful

• yes , what's the problem?

• yes, I would really like to date a military woman!

• yes i will... as she will understand me well as i am also a military person...

• Yes.

• Yup they are loved too

• Everyone say Yes! I'm lonely. XD yes I would.

• Yess

• why not?

• totally yes

What Girls Said 17

• I did, probably won't in the future

• No. I do not want to date anyone that could be called away at short notice and risk being put in the firing line. I do not want to end up with the remotest chance of being a war widow.

• Probably not, I've noticed most people I know in the military marry fast and divorce after they're out.

• I've my kin in defence. Courage & Honour runs in my veins. I would settle for no less, when it comes to me either; even if it meant romancing. 💕 👼

• Most likely not. I think it depends on which army too. American army? For ethical reasons, Fuck no! But my own country's army? Not against the idea, but highly unlikely.

• Yes.

• The army where I'm from is more like a rescue team than anything else. We don't take part in wars. So i don't see why not.

• I did, didn't end well

• I would.

• Like no

• No way..

• no, i would not

• Love has no limits. So that's a yes

• No, I wouldn't.

• I Did and it was serious riven but guess what? He didn't contact me for nearly a year and suddenly I found out he married someone else 😑😑😑😑

• My husband is, not in the army but the country's special forces. The army in my country don't go to war so it is not that bad/dangerous. But the special forces interfere in critical situations like terrorist attacks, and are often sent as support to other countries in situations of extreme importance (and danger). He is also often away for intensive trainings.

So, personally, the main thing that I dislike about his job is that he is often exposed to extreme danger. I am anxious all the time, and worried about his safety. I never know what he is going through and although it is his job and he was trained to overcome creepy circumstances, I still always wonder if he had enough sleep, if he ate, if he is sick or injured or whatever, especially that he tends to lie to me about it so I don't worry.

The other bad part is obviously his absence that I only started to worry about now that we have a baby. He has a year of paternity leave so I am happy for now, yet I wonder how it will be after he has to leave again for extended periods.

However, unlike many people have stated it has never been hard for me to commit. He has been my boyfriend for three years and husband for three years, and I have NEVER cheated on him, I have never been tempted by the idea, and the thought of being with someone else always disgusted me. At this point of my life, I can't imagine being with someone else, or cheating. I think women who do, are not getting enough attention from their partners when they can actually give them attention. For instance, I can't imagine my husband being on a mission while I screw someone else. It would be totally unhuman, I can't even close my eyes. However, when it is over, and he is able to contact me, he immediately does. I don't feel neglected or ignored, because whenever he is not working, he lets me know he thinks about me. His colleagues actually tease him all the time because his phone is phone is always with him and he is always talking to me when he can. I know he does his best to maintain the communication between us, so even if I want to, how can I cheat on him when I know he is doing is best?
    Also, I know he trusts me a lot and never ceases to say he is greatful for having met a good woman. While it is very hard to get a man's trust, how can I betray It?

So the problem is not cheating, the problem is patience. men in the military go through awful things, I respect their courage, if you can be a peaceful home to them, they can be great husbands.

• No don't think I could or would, dating some and they seem crazy to me lol