What turns you off from a woman's dating profile?

What are your red flags, turn offs, and deal breakers.

24362

Most Helpful Guy

• - Princess Syndrome (I expect to be treated like a princess, and I want a knight in shining armor to sweep me off my feet and live happily ever after"). That's bad enough for a teen, but women in their 30s and 40s have profiles like that.

- vegan, kale, hemp, Wheatgrass, crystals, weed, smoking, drugs, or excessive drinking (50 pictures, holding a drink in every one).

- "My kids come first." Which means I have to be okay coming last - but if she isn't my first priority, and I'm not available on her schedule, then I am not serious enough for her. No thanks.

- Has to be okay with my mental illness (which I refuse treatment for), my chronic condition which prevents me from doing anything but watch TV, and the fact that I still financially support my ex.

- I have 2 masters degrees and was in college for 12 years, but I can't find work in my field (French Literature and Art Appreciation) so I work at Starbucks. I'd like to move in with you, but I can't pay much because of my $450,000 in student loans. Who knew you had to pay those back?

- I'm not interested in sex - I expect a man to love me for me. And of course I demand monogamy, and porn is totally unacceptable.

• I was going to write in my opinion but there's nothing that I could say that this post doesn't state and then more accurately explain.

• Corey Wayne hits on this pretty well. So does doc love.

• Just a food for thought about disgusting female behavior described throughout this entire take and comments.

Are women REALLY happier now than they were 30, 40 or even 50 years ago? I mean we've progressed (in some ways too far) on issues like sexual assault, workplace sexism, etc. But really in general... is this behavior really making most women content and happy? I bet a hundred bucks no

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was online dating, I actually created a phony male profile first to peruse the women's profiles to see what I was up against. I tell you it was not too hard to stand out.

Just about every woman out there had the same boring, predictable, unrealistic profile complete with a duckfacing photos - most of which were the same exact pose from their webcam just taken wearing different garments.

I wanted to make sure I was *not* like those other women, and learned from their mistakes and made something fun and honest. In fact, I actually stated a few of my flaws such as snoring, irritability towards kids, and having no athleticism whatsoever. I couldn't believe the hits I was getting from men everywhere. Many of whom told me my profile was like a breath of fresh air. I had a normal picture with a normal smile (no selfie), and just made the information very basic. My last line about the ideal first date was for the guy to meet my parents, then go for a pizza and have sex in the car. Kidding of course, but they loved the humour too.

I think women tend to make themselves vamped up, as if no other woman can do that with a webcam selfie, and out of frustration, inform the men what their dealbreakers are and what they won't put up with. I think a lot of men get tired of the dead ends and phony pictures and just want a real woman.