Is it normal to have infrequent sex and still be happy in a relationship?

I have a friend who told me that she and her long term boyfriend can go months without having sex and still be perfectly happy. Is this normal? The most they do have it is twice a month. They're both young and fit people, I just don't understand...

1335

Most Helpful Guy

• Yup totally normal.
    you're speaking about 2 times a month most?
    some people don't go for sex till marriage.
    it's good to know and sext each other and know about each other by sex.
    but that doesn't mean that sex is necessary to love that person.
    I have noticed people who don't give sex much important are more happy than people who gives more important to sex.
    sex only should be when both are happy to have it.
    if you both will have sex frequently it will crave you for sex and when one of you is far for sometime you will end up cheating.

and this doesn't mean that your friend is speaking the truth.
    she can be just lying to tell you that she can stay without sex.
    people boast about many things you know right?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Goes to show you that proof that dating relationships doesn't need sex. Marriage does. And of course, it is normal. It should BE normal. They should be waiting but they're not, just not having that supposedly. Not that it's anybody's business. But when people are dumb enough to say how it isn't a relationship without sex is stupid. They just want what they want: sex. There is more to a relationship than that. But if you're not looking to go to the next level, marriage, you're just stagnating yourself. Overall, they're happier because they aren't making their relationship so much about sex like other people. Hence why so many couples break up because they're miserable about the one thing they worship: sex.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Hahaha😂 you have no idea. We worship Satan! Sex! Genitals! Pussy and Dick! Whoop whoop party. I love how many morons are on this forum

• @Shutupman

ONLY when you're married. Otherwise, you're getting duped by the chemicals thinking you're doing right.

www.webmd.com/.../theres-benefits-in-delaying-sex-until-marriage
      www.livescience.com/...ationships-study-finds.html

• Marriage is a just a human made contract nothing more. Marriage has nothing do with natural or normal. It's a social construct.