How to get with a "shy" guy?

I put shy in quotations, because he's seems to talk with other people fine. But he's very shy when he's around me. Like he gets really red and stops talking.
Anyways how do i get with him? Like make him my boyfriend type a thing.

424

Most Helpful Guy

• He's probably like me and I'm still a virgin because of this so read this very carefully: you have to do everything, he freezes up because he likes you, he's probably in love with you, if you want just grab him and kiss him or tell him you like him, he probably has extremely low self esteem and thinks of himself as an ugly undesirable piece of shit who deserves to die like I do. I'm glad you asked this because if a girl knew what to do with me then I probably would have gotten laid by now but the man is the one who has to do everything.

Most Helpful Girl

• Omg this is exactly what I'm going through!!! Like word for word!

This guy I like is comfortable talking to other girls and people in general but gets very shy and quiet around me. He also blushes and gets tongue tied when we talk.

What Guys Said 23

• Talk with him.
    Then he will become more comfortable.

Then add in flirting, to let him know that he's not been friend-zoned.

Then if needed, hint about stuff that you want to do, like a movie/concert/etc. but you don't want to go alone.
    Hint.
    Bonus points for looking him right in the eyes and pausing.

You could try just asking him out, but it's possible he'll back off.
    It sort of depends on how much experience with dating he's had. I'm guessing not much.

If he can't talk with you normally, then a date won't work. So talk to him first.

• The good news is, if he is OK around most people but freezes up around you, he probably really likes you.

• Play like your a six year old would play. Play keep away and invade on personal possessions in a fun light way it does not really matter what you do. He should follow suit and before he knows it he'll be chasing you and having fun.

If there is ever a lull in the playing try not to feel awkward and just embrace the quite tension with a smile. That is also good time to cross the light touching barrier.

• I can relate to him, and if he's like me, I don't know how to interact with people I'm not familiar with let alone a crush. It's pretty likely that he likes you, don't be discouraged just because he doesn't talk much around you, he just doesn't know how to act. Get to know him and he'll be much more talkative.

• so I was like that once. I fancied the pants off this girl at college. when ever she was around I'd go bright red. Long story short, i thought she was too popular, pretty and amazing to be my girlfriend, I would be the burden. It wasn't until she asked me to prom that I knew she felt the same. and now 5 years later she's my wife. Society always says the guy should ask the girl but always take the oath less traveled by! Go ask him! :)

• maybe make him feel comfortable by letting him know you see he's being shy and he doesn't need to be, don't be too serious, say it in a happy way. he'll think about that and probably feel more confident being himself around you in the future.

• I am quite like that guy you're talking about! We get shyier with girls we like and it is very disappointing! If you're sure you want a relationship with him you'd just have to make a few steps forward so that he's sure you like him. Otherwise you should find a way to make it more talkative... For me wine is a great shyness breaker (in a reasonable quantity of course just to break his shyness chains)

• Grab him and give him a long and strong hug 🤗 ! Rest your head on his body and take a deep breath and exhale. Do it girl!

• I am a shy extrovert, that is what a lot of shy guys are, they are shy until comfortable with a person, just talk to him, hell warm up to you😉

• i am also a very shy when it comes to girl but i am get comfortable when she try to talk with we so just talk to him aa much as you can try to do that in frint of his friend gud for ur boyfriend kind of thing

• just keep trying to talk to him.

• When I talk to my friends and I say funny things, i can see him laughing at my jokes. Everytime, even when my friends don't think it's funny. That's a good enough sign that he likes me right? When should I ask him out? Or should I wait for a little more?

• Yeah, I bet he does like you. Don't formally ask him out, but ask him to do something casual with you.

• have a friend guy/girl invite him to an activity/event he might go for n if he participates (w u n ur friend), invite him to something for the two of u, or just a plain hangout (simple date type), in tranquility.
    he might be feeling unsure or unsafe about u.
    he also cud have closeness issue n feer of bejng in luv. he might consider it or feel it to be a vulnerability.

• Your going to have to start and carry the convo till he gets more comfertable with ya

• don't ask questions like do u have a girlfriend or do u like anyone.. no personal questions if he is ur coworkers then... coworker -- friends--- girlfriend... okk,,, dont make him more shy by touching intentionally

• he so obviously likes you just make a move

• do make him comfortable with you

• Approach him

• Just go for it, if he's shy around you only, he probably wants you too

• simply ask him out

• touch him a little bit, show him your intentions

• let him know you like him and what you want?

• just try being there for him he will get comfortable and ask you out

• Only time will tell. Your biggest problem is finding out exactly what he feels towards you and if he mirrors your stance keeping that level of interest whilst he gets to know you better

What Girls Said 3

• Do something such as hold his hand. That was my way with trying to show my girlfriend before we started dating.

• Become closer friends with him. Chat a lot and remember the little things about him.

• Awww that means he really really likes you!!!
    Just keep talking to him and throw some hints that you're interested so he'll know and make a move... or he could be taken just make sure you find out he's single otherwise he probably won't make a move