Can you go from rebound relationship to real deal?

Im dating a girl who just broke up with her ex. It wasn't really long one but the girl was really into him.
Have you ever been someones rebound but managed to change that to long term relationship?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe, but only if the girl doesn't have feelings for him anymore. I have been in a rebound relationship (I only found that out when we started fighting at the end of our relationship, which didn't last long lol) and not only have i not known that, i also found out later he was cheating the whole time with his friend's sister... so I don't know.. i wouldn't date someone who still has feelings for another person. Maybe i'm wrong and maybe it turns out fine! Just talk to her and ask her what she wants out of this relationship. Good luck! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Typically it doesn't work out too well almost as if they are trying to temporarily fill a void. Doesn't mean it can't work, but be a little cautious

What Girls Said 3

• No l can't

• I was in a relationship for 3 years, got dumped, wasn't fully over the guy after 12 weeks but met someone new and stayed with him for 3+ years.

I think a rebound type relationship can be successful and long term if it's significantly better than the previous relationship but she needs to be fully into you and not interested whatsoever in getting the other guy back.

• Well my current boyfriend can be seen as a rebound. But we've been together now twice as long as exs relationship

What Guys Said 1

• Of course I have been a rebound. I am pretty sure that I didn't make sure that the Ex was really exed. It hurt... It seems like you may need to consider this also