Do nice quiet girls finish last? Why or why not?

I'm quiet and shy, but never get approached. I'm a nice girl, and I'm proud of that. But why don't I ever get approached. I feel like I'll finish last.

626

Most Helpful Guy

• It is probably more that you don't look open to being approached. We all have a resting posture and if yours is more closed off than the rest of the girls that you are with then you will be approached less because you don't look open to being asked.
    Try to have more of a resting open posture and smile more when you ant to be approached otherwise it is going to take a very brave man to attempt approaching you or you will have to spend a lot off time getting to know a guy who might fall for you.
    usually nice quiet women take off slower but finish stronger.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not the nice part, it's the shy part. Most shy people don't realize that they appear unapproachable. If you avert your eyes, never smile, don't make eye contact, or show signs of intrigue or interest, nowadays few men will approach you, because you seem like you don't want to be.

What Guys Said 25

• Oh, I'm sure if you look around, there's a shy guy somewhere who's paying attention to you.

Smile and wave at him.

• It's much tougher for quiet guys than quiet girls but we both have it rough... Quiet guys are expected to do the approaching, quiet girls just need to be approachable...

You need to work on being approachable if you're hoping to land a random stranger. You're a lot better off finding a friend-of-a-friend however and that is where I meet most all of my former girlfriends.

• You know, it doesn't have to be the guys job to approach. You're failing because you're letting yourself fail.

• It's called chivalry buddy, some girls to approach yes. But I'm way to quiet

• You've got this attitude that the world owes you a good boyfriend because you're a nice girl, which isn't much different than the 'nice guys' women always complain about. Let me tell you something, the world owes you nothing. You've got to get what you want in your life. Take some damn accountability for your life, take action to get the life you want or accept that it might not come.

• How to get a guy to go out with you 101:

1) ask a guy out

2a) if he says yes, go out with him

2b) if he says no, find someone else

Complaining about not having a boyfriend when you're not following these simple steps is not being an adult and accepting the consequences of your actions or lack thereof.

• what if there's a guy in your same position, really wants to approach you but is too shy toπŸ˜‰, stay nice and someone will come around I promise.

• You won't finish last! I'm sure of that. If you're a nice person, you have standards etc, then it might take you a little longer to find someone who blows you away, but it'll be worth it - hopefully you'll both be in the same place and be able to see things together as a couple equally. .. and then the world is your oyster! :-)
    Good luck, and although you don't have a picture up, you sound like you're a nice person and probably girl next door attractive? - that's a good thing! ! :-D

• you could be too quiet try speaking to other people more my friend has this problem where she has social anxiety so she is super quiet all the time I'm her only friend since I was the only one to take the time to make her tell me how she feels and show her that it isn't a problem to speak her mind and she is lonely most of the time so I keep helping her to build up her confidence level up to mine I'm not super confident but I say what I want when I want most of the time

• I think shy people have less occasions to get a date, because they talk less to people they don't know. But what's wrong with finishing last, life is not a race

• Probably not as much as the male counterparts. Many quiet girls do get dates and things, but I think it takes a little more of a friendship turn first

• Maybe, but that has more to do with the quiet and shy parts than the nice part. You can't expect men to read your mind.

• Stay this way please... I'm tired of these wannabe "Bad bitches"

• Because the guy who suits you the most is lost somewhere lol

• Just so you know, u aren t even in tje hard run, shy guys are. You will get approached i can tell for certain, but will it be a good guy who would git you, most probably not. It will be a fucker with confidence. Nice guys are mostly shy too and most of them (including me), wait at least for a sign of a girl interest to have the guts to make a move...

• It may be that guys to want to scare you because you are shy and quiet. That doesn't mean that you will finish last. Just be patient.

• Nice quiet girls never finish last, only nice quiet guys

• If you can overcome your shyness to let someone know that you find them attractive, your odds will easily triple.

• Anyone who says they do is stupid. I personally love nice and shy girls. They're sweet. Everyone who doesn't go with someone bc they're too nice always get burned

• Nope, they'll always find someone β˜ΊοΈπŸ’•

• i bet if you approached someone instead that would not be the case.

• Yeah

• tbh I love quiet girls, sometimes I guess it's just hard to approach people like that because you don't really know how they will react to you. I don't know

• With me the girl always "FINISHES" first!😁 no people just like to use people these days. and being nice they think your soft.

• Same as nice guys. Everyone wants a challenge.

• Do not bother, the right guy will approach you at the right time

• It's still not finished, ur too gud

• how do you look?

What Girls Said 5

• baby doll you do have to put in an appearance to get noticed and approached. Shy is sexy but to get a good guy to take an interest is slower if he can't see you as in your personality. If you are good looking your value is the same as a pretty painting. Look but not going to necessarily engage with. Tip when there is a group discussion you have an opinion on and a guy you are interested in is there. Get brave and tell the group. Guaranteed for that moment you will have his attention, you convey your thoughts and he may want to talk to you more as you seem mysterious. Even if that is the only encounter of the night/day. It is a start. The more you put yourself into small visible roles the easier it gets to communicate with people and potential dates. This will get guys coming up to you.

• Oh my god You are exactly like me. I feel like you are my avatar you basically stole my spirit question haha... πŸ˜€ are you me? I am very quiet and shy/ introvert I'm proud of that too. And I know it's hard still looking for my soulmate maybe he is in a long vacation trip lol around the world

• Like this?

• Some guys like loud/outgoing girls, some guys really hate them and prefer calm or nice girls.

Depends on what a guy likes.

• Don't worry you'll find your guy