Girls, what would you think if after eating with a guy on a first date and he goes to pay you see a huge wad of cash inside his wallet?

• 'Wow I just hit the jackpot' $_$
  • 'Pfft, this guy thinks he can win me over with money?' *rolls eyes*
  • different reaction (please say)
    Vote C
  • No reaction
    Vote D

3518

Most Helpful Girl

• My reaction would be "Who the fuck carries that much cash with them?".

• Black people mainly.

• The US is moving away from cash also. It's been moving that direction for a long time. It's not that the US is "trying" to move that direction, at least not intentionally by the government.

Old people use more cash, but not because of reluctance to use technology. They are the ones who invented most of this stuff in the first place. A big part of it is simply because there is no reason to not use cash. It's also because traditionally, using credit cards, or other type of debt, is seen as something you don't want to embrace. Using credit is something that should only be used in situations where you really need it. Credit card companies and debt in general is NOT your friend. They are doing everything they can to get your money. They are intentionally sending millions of people into bankruptcy.

All this excessive debt is REALLY bad. Older people tend to see credit more like a necessary evil. They'll use it, but much more reluctantly.

• @NearlyNapping And that's why we have debit cards that don't accumulate debt.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I'll tell you what ladies should be thinking,
    "Oh look he empty his bank account for this date."
    There shouldn't be a circumstance on a date where a girl can see your huge wad of cash. You should only have to pull it up and pull out your $20's. If she does see it, chances are you were trying to be obvious about it. If that's the case a gold digger will become more intimate. A girl looking for a partner would take it as you being insecure and superficial. A casual date probably wouldn't think much about it. What good will that do her if she isn't looking for something serious with you? So, in my opinion, wad of cash sticking out of the wallet on a date is a pretty desperate move. You're not good enough, maybe your money is...

What Girls Said 34

• "It's kind of stupid to carry that much cash on you, is he purposely trying to show off or something?"

• i think... who the fuck uses cash these days anyway?

• Has this guy not heard of a debit card

• He better hope no thief saw that because he's an easy target... I better talk about him securely having his money when he decides to carry cash on him. At the same time, I would feel uncomfortable and inadequate. The last thing I would want him to think I'm going out for his money.

• I'd wonder one of two things: what kind of illegal work is he in that he has that much cash, or why doesn't he keep that in the bank, he's asking to get mugged. Either way, I might not feel so safe with him...

• LOL, since I carry huge amount of cash in my purse as well even though I have debit card and credit card. So I don't think I would freak out if I noticed him carrying bunch of cash, haha. I would think, yayyy, he's a weirdo like me, let's give him a high five! 😂
    I don't know why but I actually like to carry/pay in cash usually. 🤔😳

• "yayyy, he's a weirdo like me, let's give him a high five" lmao hahahahahahahahahaha

• Well, If you were not younger than me, I would have called you my twin 😂

• hahaha true yeah

• I'd feel uncomfortable and awkward

• I'd be a little concerned as to why he needs to carry so much cash around and isn't able to deposit it into an account or something.

The suspicions would be either:
    1) He gambles
    2) He's earning that cash in dodgy ways

• Tacky

• No reaction. I would feel uncomfortable though

• Depends on the setting. In some places you shouldn't carry much more than what you need. In other cases, I would wonder if he's ever heard of a debit card.

• Nothing. I can not draw any conclusions from someone having a wad of cash in their wallet.

• I really wouldn't care. I have my own money and prefer to keep things somewhat even in a relationship. Of course I like being spoiled, but I like spoiling the guy I like just as much. So money doesn't matter much to me, it's mostly about the emotional effort he puts into me. Honestly I'd rather flip burgers at McDonalds then being financially dependent on anyone.

• i dont look at peoples wallets but if i did end up seeing it, I wouldn't care. I wouldn't wanna be judged on how much a carry.

• i wouldn't care.

• that he is not THAT rich actually. truly rich people, walk around with almost nothing on them... .

• he needs to keep it in a safer spot. i know just the place ;)

• I'll say "someone has come all prepared, eh? Beware the hijackers!"

Given that I know the person, I'll know where he got that money from too. If I feel like he has too much money, I'll ask him where he got them from.

• so? if it's like the picture up there, that's not even a lot of cash...

• He has a good paying job? And a easy target to get robbed? Never carry cash on you.

• I think my reaction might be "Boy, why you carrying so much money? What if you get robbed? People nasty these days."
    And probably continue lecturing him on the use of credit card or in methods to hide wads in zipped partition or sth if he wants to carry cash around.

• Drug dealer?

• I'd be kinda curious about what he does but as long as not he didn't earn it illegally I wouldn't really care. If I like him, then I like him. If I don't, then I won't date him

• Wow I'm on a date with a drug dealer!

• to me that's just too suspicious

• I would think "Why do you keep that much money in your wallet. What if you got robbed. Do you not trust the bank. Even leaving it at home is better than just carrying it around."

• I would be thinking, I hope this guy is not trying to impress me.

• No reaction.

• I would think “Oh okay he doing good for his self. but also be like don't carry your money around like that, take some put the rest up. people crazy" lol

• No reaction from me. I would think he is someone pretending.

• More from Girls
    4

What Guys Said 17

• I'm not a girl but damn, he just made my panties wet <3

• One could only hope they'd think he's fiscally reasonable and has an actual job.

But the conclusion seems to be drug dealer and has he not heard of debit card?

FYI I carry cash like that in my wallet I don't use credit cards at all, only a debit card for online purchases.

• I am someone, who doesn't look at others wallets. And even if I happened to then I would have no reaction.
    I am responsible and carry a bank card with me. Those are safe and don't indicate my balance.

But damn, it's kind of hard to believe what women have said so far. But I hope that only gold diggers get wet from it.

• They think that they snagged themselves a big fat cat

• To quote my cousin vinny, "How do I know that ain't a bunch of one's with a twenty wrapped about it?"

• all I carry is cash, I manage my money better that way, I also have two credit cards if I'm in a pinch.

• Wow he still uses cash is what id think

• Probably "wow this guy must be a douchebag criminal, he can't get a credit card".

• lol I don't see what difference it makes, it doesn't really indicate wealth and it's not that uncommon. I have $80-140 in my wallet relative often, but sometimes I have up to 400... doesn't mean anything except that I probably just went to the ATM that same day. It's useful to carry cash around because sometimes a place can't take cards or your card doesn't work for whatever reason.

• I guess if he was carrying a stack of like $2000 or more that might be a little weird. But who knows, maybe he took it out to pay his rent or something.

• I had a stack of $3k in my room for a while because my roommate kept paying me his rent in cash

• I would ask the girl to distribute the money 50/50 so she doesn't get uncomfortable

• If I was a girl I would be wet AF because he got bank

• Oh yeah right. For all the women option A no doubt about it

• Who carries a huge wad of cash in their wallets in this day and age? I thought shit was going electronic lol

• skys' the limit..

• Interesting to see that so many of the opinions are negative!

• They would be pretty damn happy

• girls love money, if you have it you can get either sex or a relationship but you're getting something alright