Would u date someone who had a 7 year old child living with them?

1734

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I would as I be dating you for you not if you had a child or not.
    It wouldn't make a difference to me you having a child is what makes you who you are don't let it get in the way off you being happy and finding someone.
    Children seem to like me for some reason.

Most Helpful Girl

• To be honest, probably not. I already have my own 7 year old and she has special needs. She's already a lot to handle and I wouldn't want the other kiddo to feel like they don't get as much attention, which is also partially why I got sterilized acter having her. If I had no kids then yes, I would and I would do my best to care for them as my own.

What Guys Said 33

• I'm a FT working single dad , I think this would be quite difficult , have a 14 yr old boy & an 11 yr old girl. As a result of my situation. I don't bother dating , often too tired , stressed & simply don't have the desire , I like my own space when I can seize the opportunity.

• Wow, your situation and mine seem very similar. I am also a full-time working single dad with a 14 year old and 11 year old, but both are boys. I don't bother dating either, for similar reasons, although once in a while I tell myself I should try (but don't anyway).

• @kc1974 We both know that dating is really a chore & a charade , so best channel any spare energy & time into something that is productive. I've never told myself I should try , just one look around at the sour looking women out there is enough to put any man off

• If a man has a level of maturity and not acting childish and willing to take responsibility as a father then something like that shouldn't bother him. If he is in love with you then he should be willing to take the whole package and not just partial package.

• Typically at my age most women have kids already. You need to remember it is a package deal. Can't have the man/woman, without the child. Take small steps, don't force yourself on him. Pick a spot to get to know him or talk to him. It will be frustrating at times. If you care about the person you could find a happieness you never thought possible.

• I'm 21 soooo... no. Ask me later in life and maybe that'll change.

• Depends on why the 7 year old is living with them.

• Yeah, I've lived with women that have had children from previous relationships before. Sometimes it was good, sometimes it was shit.

• ... Is this 7 year old person their offspring? Then no. Is it not their offspring? I'd have to think about it.

• Like they had a 7 year old for a roommate?

• yes but i wouldn't want to meet the child for a while... i dont think they should feature in a relationship until the adults know its serious

• In general I wouldn't, but if the woman is widow, I get on with her child and she wants to have more children, it will be ok for me to date her.

• I don't see a problem with my girlfriend having a kid.
    I have a 4 year old. nothing wrong with kids.

• No..

• I don't think I would.

• well it depends on your age.. if you are at that stage of life where you can't date 25-28 guys so you have to

• yeah. I could see how that would be a deal breaker for some.

• Yes i would date a woman with a child, i don't find it being a deal breaker.

• Never

• Yeah y not.

• I want to say yes but no I couldn't knowing I want to start a family with my own blood not someone else's kid

• No. Too much drama.

• ewww no. 6 or younger is the only acceptable answer

(sarcasm)

• No because I don't want kids

• yeah but if the kid is a little ass hole i would be les inclined to

• I know I wouldn't.

• Nope.

• of course

• 100% of the time?
    Where's the father?

• Yes. If the girl is a good mother she would most likely be mature enough to not have to play games.

• of course

• yes !!

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 16

• To be honest probably not, maybe when I'm older! Parenting or step parenting isn't right for me right now and its a package deal.

• no not a package deal. I have a kir and I don't let my girlfriend parent. and I told my kid if his mother's boyfriend tells him to do anything tell him "no your not my parents. if f you have a problem w it call my dad"...

• Yeah I would

• absolutely. i have children and would want someone who would do the same.

• Yeah, why not, if you two are in love, then sure. Good luck!

• Nope... I can't. I don't have a kid. Why should you?

• Eww no.

• Well at my age it means they had the kid at 20. Which while not that young, I was still a kid back then literally. So for now I'll pass. Maybe in 5 years.

• Not sure.. Probably if I really liked them then yes. I don't have a massive issue with children as long as there's not a reoccurring pattern of loyalty of children and falling out with the other parent.

• I don't think so, first, I just turned 22, second, I'm not planning on having kids, or at least, not yet. Third, if I date someone, I will only pay attention to that person, not to a kid who's not even mine. Of course, if I had kids, maybe I would date someone who have kids too, but since I'm young and I have no kids, my answer is no.

• Oh! Never! bcoz that person won't look at you as a friend.. he will want you as a partner

• I don t think so

• No I would not.

• yes if it was a sibling but no if the child is from the person im dating

• Yes.

• sure

• I would, yes