Would u date someone who had a 7 year old child living with them?

1|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I would as I be dating you for you not if you had a child or not.
    It wouldn't make a difference to me you having a child is what makes you who you are don't let it get in the way off you being happy and finding someone.
    Children seem to like me for some reason.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• To be honest, probably not. I already have my own 7 year old and she has special needs. She's already a lot to handle and I wouldn't want the other kiddo to feel like they don't get as much attention, which is also partially why I got sterilized acter having her. If I had no kids then yes, I would and I would do my best to care for them as my own.

2|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 33

• I'm a FT working single dad , I think this would be quite difficult , have a 14 yr old boy & an 11 yr old girl. As a result of my situation. I don't bother dating , often too tired , stressed & simply don't have the desire , I like my own space when I can seize the opportunity.

0|1
    0|0
    • Wow, your situation and mine seem very similar. I am also a full-time working single dad with a 14 year old and 11 year old, but both are boys. I don't bother dating either, for similar reasons, although once in a while I tell myself I should try (but don't anyway).

• @kc1974 We both know that dating is really a chore & a charade , so best channel any spare energy & time into something that is productive. I've never told myself I should try , just one look around at the sour looking women out there is enough to put any man off

• If a man has a level of maturity and not acting childish and willing to take responsibility as a father then something like that shouldn't bother him. If he is in love with you then he should be willing to take the whole package and not just partial package.

1|0
    0|0
  • Typically at my age most women have kids already. You need to remember it is a package deal. Can't have the man/woman, without the child. Take small steps, don't force yourself on him. Pick a spot to get to know him or talk to him. It will be frustrating at times. If you care about the person you could find a happieness you never thought possible.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm 21 soooo... no. Ask me later in life and maybe that'll change.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on why the 7 year old is living with them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I've lived with women that have had children from previous relationships before. Sometimes it was good, sometimes it was shit.

0|0
    0|0
  • ... Is this 7 year old person their offspring? Then no. Is it not their offspring? I'd have to think about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Like they had a 7 year old for a roommate?

1|1
    0|0
  • yes but i wouldn't want to meet the child for a while... i dont think they should feature in a relationship until the adults know its serious

0|0
    0|0
  • In general I wouldn't, but if the woman is widow, I get on with her child and she wants to have more children, it will be ok for me to date her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see a problem with my girlfriend having a kid.
    I have a 4 year old. nothing wrong with kids.

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I would.

0|0
    0|0
  • well it depends on your age.. if you are at that stage of life where you can't date 25-28 guys so you have to

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah. I could see how that would be a deal breaker for some.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes i would date a woman with a child, i don't find it being a deal breaker.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah y not.

0|0
    0|0
  • I want to say yes but no I couldn't knowing I want to start a family with my own blood not someone else's kid

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Too much drama.

0|1
    1|0
  • ewww no. 6 or younger is the only acceptable answer

(sarcasm)

0|0
    0|0
  • No because I don't want kids

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah but if the kid is a little ass hole i would be les inclined to

0|0
    0|0
  • I know I wouldn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • of course

0|0
    0|0
  • 100% of the time?
    Where's the father?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. If the girl is a good mother she would most likely be mature enough to not have to play games.

0|0
    0|0
  • of course

0|0
    0|0
  • yes !!

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 16

• To be honest probably not, maybe when I'm older! Parenting or step parenting isn't right for me right now and its a package deal.

0|0
    0|0
    • no not a package deal. I have a kir and I don't let my girlfriend parent. and I told my kid if his mother's boyfriend tells him to do anything tell him "no your not my parents. if f you have a problem w it call my dad"...

• Yeah I would

0|0
    0|0
  • absolutely. i have children and would want someone who would do the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, why not, if you two are in love, then sure. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope... I can't. I don't have a kid. Why should you?

0|0
    2|1
  • Eww no.

0|0
    2|0
  • Well at my age it means they had the kid at 20. Which while not that young, I was still a kid back then literally. So for now I'll pass. Maybe in 5 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sure.. Probably if I really liked them then yes. I don't have a massive issue with children as long as there's not a reoccurring pattern of loyalty of children and falling out with the other parent.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so, first, I just turned 22, second, I'm not planning on having kids, or at least, not yet. Third, if I date someone, I will only pay attention to that person, not to a kid who's not even mine. Of course, if I had kids, maybe I would date someone who have kids too, but since I'm young and I have no kids, my answer is no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh! Never! bcoz that person won't look at you as a friend.. he will want you as a partner

0|0
    0|0
  • I don t think so

0|0
    0|0
  • No I would not.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes if it was a sibling but no if the child is from the person im dating

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.