Is it wrong that im into older men?

so I'm 19years old and I've never been attracted to boys my age, I've always seen them as immature and annoying... I've also very rarely found boys that are 2-5 Yeats older than me interesting unless you exclude guys like zac effron and Justin beiber... I've always found men that are much older than me attractive and very appealing. .. now that I'm 19 my age range is men that are between 35-50 and i honestly see nothing wrong with it.

what draws me to these men though isn't their money or their ability to buy me things (not a gold digger ). but rather their ability to be stable and the fact that they have experienced life and won't fuck around like they say what they mean and they won't beat around the Bush...

my dad is 53 ... and a friend of mine pointed out how would my dad feel and how what I'm feeling i am attracted to is actually wrong...

so just based on what I've said please help ease my conciounce...

Most Helpful Guy

• There's nothing wrong with being into older men.
    There may be something wrong with some older men who are into younger women, but that wasn't your question.

A few things.
    Some guys your own age (or even in their late 20s) ARE serious. They are usually the more introverted ones, but they are there.
    Also, some older guys are just immature younger guys that have aged.

One thing to consider, the older guys that are serious will be very cautious about dating someone that is still in college.
    Too much of an imbalance in life stages at that point.

It's possible that you are working and very mature, but those older guys will not seek you out.
    There will be older guys that seek you out, but probably not the ones you really want.

Get yourself through college and then at 22, 35 isn't so bad.
    And spend some time looking for those quieter serious guys also.

Give them a chance also. Remember, it's not the age you are attracted to, it's the maturity. So look for that.

What Guys Said 23

• So I agree that there is an correlation between age and maturity but only to a certain extent. After you are in your mid-late 20s there is more of a correlation between age and experience. I'll be 33 in September and have been in the Army since I was 17. I have and have had subordinates of all ages 17-62. I've had a lot of people in their 40s and 50s that have acted like children. Always making excuses for everything and trying to see what they can get away with etc

• . I find that people that have been given large amount of responsibility in either their personal or professional lives tend to act more like adults e. g. people who are in leadership/supervisory/management positions in their jobs or individuals who have raised children. In my experience a 47 year old lifelong bachelor who has worked as a computer programmer and spent his free time playing video games and having one night stands isn't anymore mature then the average 22 year old. At a certain point they regress and start acting more kidlike. Liking older guys is ok to an extent but you have to ask yourself if you really want a husband who is 20-30 years older than guy. You are not going to stay 19 and he is not going to say 45. Trust me guy don't want to be healthy fit 37 year old girl in your prime married to a 63 year old man who just wants to sit around and watch tv and can't walk down the stairs without throwing his back out

• . I had an Aunt in this situation who got divorced for this reason. She is now 49 and dating a guy 10 years younger lol. PM me if you would like to chat.

• "but rather their ability to be stable and the fact that they have experienced life and won't fuck around like they say what they mean and they won't beat around the Bush..."

sucks for all the guys your age who can't date you because they lack the ability to build a stable life for themselves whilst lacking the experience of older age at the same time while still being a teenager.

Also, "won't fuck around like they say"

Lol, that shit was funny.

you like what you like. good luck dude.

• Older men are more mature, and are more likely to be more mature than when they're younger, so I can agree. Younger people don't have nearly as much experience, making them softer or less mature than anyone older than them.

Age doesn't equal maturity though lol

• well they have some right in their sayings. I mean some of those who you call immature and annoying will be like those who are stable once they are 35-50 too.

• you truly are a wise turtle. XD yeah I know... it's just difficult to see guys my own age as anything more than pests... (no offence please don't take offence ) ... just the way the act and speak and do things is frustrating. and i know there are some really amazing guys out there but I haven't had the good fortune of meeting them.

• Well i take no offense at all feel free to talk freely and sorry my English isn't quiet good. I understand how you do feel because i've been through that too and still but that's not a reason for me to focus my interest only in older people, i mean young people have their pros too.

• as an older single man I love the idea. as a father I hate the idea will do things in our life it might not be right same time my not be wrong. we experience we learn we live just because today that's what you like does it mean tomorrow will be the same your heart is your heart your emotions are emotions add experiencing equals knowledge and wisdom nobody can tell you how to feel or how to think just be careful with your heart it's very precious try not to let it get broken

• That's very normal from what I've seen

• I think your legal age and don't see it being a problem that your into older men.

• Yes very wrong

• But what's even worse is that u are into Justin Bieber lol

• that was a stupid reference I'm not into beiber XD

• Do you. But be careful young one.

• Do u have daddy issues?

• as a 50yr old man i have to say i think its good ;)

• Yes morally wrong

• whatever floats your boat. you are legal.

• how much older are we talking here..

• fifteen/ twenty years..

• jeez that is a good way to get used as an easy lay

• nope not your enabler, you my dear have daddy issues.

• Suddenly i feel like an old man

• there is absolutely nothing wrong with you and fuck what others think. just keep doing you

• no there is nothing wrong with it except for the age 50

• not at all.

• Just think about what ages These Guys will have when you are around 30

• Nothing wrong

• do I like over 50 guys?

• Justin Beiber isn't attractive.

What Girls Said 3

• Okay I don't really get that huge range, considering if someone who was 50 was dating you I would consider them to be very.. pervy. Lol No offences but anyway in their 30's its not bad, My boyfriend is in his 30's. Its great that yes most of them at that age are stable, but you have to also think when you'll be ready to have kids, yes men don't have a ticking clock but they also want to be able to chase after their children (if you want them).

• i actually want a kid by 21 XD

• I've never dated younger

• thats why you are a under achiever in your life coz you have spended your youth by fucking old men, i wish u aimed something else n much higher

• @unrealisticmormon2 by the way thanks for the laughs your hilarious truly

• ok tell what kind of work do u do, i would be happy to gain knowledge from you, no hating here, i will seriously be thankful if you can share your knowledge with me, are you a teacher, doctor or engineer or a businesswoman or whatever, i would like to have knowledge from you so that i can use it to beat you

• Girl you are right about guys around our age😒😑!! but i'm also attracted to older dudes 2-4years older but now i'm 19 and i have a huge crush on this guy who turned 24 this month so that makes him 5 years older then me now... ain't nothing wrong as far as you don't go for guys who are way tooo old.