Do you think it's wrong to troll on dating sites?

It seems to be the only thing that makes me feel gleeful these days.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it's wrong. You're a little bit of a sadist.

Maybe you're not a jerk, maybe you're just looking for someone keen enough to beat you at your own game. Maybe that's what you're attracted to?

But picking on people on a dating site is a huge asshole move, and if you're doing it just because hurting people makes you feel good then please find a really tall cliff and do some research on gravity?

• Lmao. You allude to my suicide... yet I'm the asshole. 👌

• I'm an asshole by nature.
      Doesn't mean you aren't one too :D

• Also thanks for the upvote. You're my first <3

I guess I'll take a second and expound a bit.

Dating sites suck. People are incredibly stupid.. Finding someone clever enough to have a conversation with which you can't predict the outcome of.. Well, that's rare. It's fine to get bored. Just maybe don't forget that stupid people are still people.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you're doing anything wrong. Keep entertaining yourself.

What Guys Said 27

• it's fine. You're giving guys hope. That's more than they had when they signed up on a dating site. I think I've gone through maybe a dozen dating sites in my time, without holding a single conversation with a girl. That you're talking to anyone at all, even if just trolling, only serves to give them some sense of potential scoring in the distant future..

• oh squish how I missed you

• No since most those people deserve it anyways for being so shallow and fake. Plus it's much better than catfishing lol. You've actually inspired me now to make a fake account of being a really attractive man who makes 500k a year.

• Lmfao. I kind of want to do that too now.

• @Dragon_D Any cheap photoshop sites or software could take care of that issue :). I already know plenty of models that many women and most guys don't even know. Troll on okaycupid or POF?

• Boring... I don't wanna be your ex anymore. I wanna be evil twin sister.

• 1|1
    • Lmao. Professor X would never use such foul language.

• I think he would if he found out you were trolling him on POF :)

• you could've come up with a better word

• it wouldn't have mattered. he CLEARLY didn't get it. at all. lol.

• lmfao. damn. that's harsh. I LIKE IT. :D.

Since I sent that message, he's messaged me four more times.

• actually, alone would've been way better :D

• You're narcissism is showing again, better cover that up😝

• I think it can be funny but I don't do it that often. How is that image above trolling though.

• I was trying to get him to see how he could do with a little self awareness. I'm clearly not interested in him. But he kept messaging me.

• Sex is better than trolling

• Agreed. But i don't want to fuck these dudes.

• Why dont u fuck someone else then instead of wasting time w these dudes

• Dating sites wouldn't be fun if you didn't.

• Yeah it's a bit pathetic xD

• No. Trolling is generally wrong unless the person deserves to be trolled. Besides the trolling may not be allowed according to some dating websites' code of conduct.

• Yeah

• Sounds like a pretty sad existence if that's the only way to be happy.

• Indubitably. Gleeful =/= happy.

• I feel trolling is always mean spirited, unless they troll you... then they are begging for it.

• Tbh, some of these dudes can't even tell they're being trolled.

• That is because they are pathetic and hopeful. I used to be pathetic and hopeful.

• No. It's never wrong to troll. People who get triggered by random people on the Internet deserve to be triggered.

• if thats the only thing that gives you joy then thats you must have a sad life, im sorry..

• Yes! Wtf? What is wrong with people?

• Lmao. It gets boring after a while. Same message over and over.

• as long as you aren't agreeing to dates and then standing them up and blocking them

• Lol you're equally desperate. But he's willing to try. Jokes on you

• are you catfishing someone?

• nope. just tired of the boring messages. wanted to make it more entertaining for myself.

• who exactly are you trolling then? i dont get it. cus you defenitely didn't troll the person in that message

• You're a bad person.

• Yes. Definitely is.

• So sad.

• And people wonder why I don't trust dating sites.

• thats pathetic lmao if thats what you do all day by yourself.

• It's a group activity 😂😂 my friend and i trade phones and respond to idiots during our lunch break

• Only if they're ugly. I charm the ones I like and after that I ghost them. Is that considered trolling?

• Just sounds like you got bored.

• I'd feel bad doing it.

The thing is that it's not that they're not behaving as though they're smart. They just genuinely aren't. While that might make them a terrible match for you, it doesn't make them bad people.

I suspect you don't have much contact with with entire bottom quartile or more of intelligence people so it's hard for you to think their conversation attempts are actually normal.

• Whatever I'm doing isn't dissuading a single guy so clearly they don't get it.

• Nope. You're just confusing them. It's like my fail attempts to flirt with dumb girls ;)

• Lol. Hilf mir.

What Girls Said 9

• Not cool. People already hate online dating enough already, they have to deal with catfishes, ghosters, pervs looking for sex, women treating it like Facebook to upload pictures but never answer and now trolls. There are people looking for something serious and yet your wasting their time for shits and giggles. Women hate when guys play around so why do it to others? If you're not serious get off online dating and find a different hobby.

• I took it seriously for a couple of weeks. Tired of the bullshit messages. Those dudes are who I mess with.

• If you're trolling a decent guy, yea I'd say it's a bitchy thing to do. Troll aways with the assholes and sleazebags tho.

• Sureeee

• You do what makes you happy but remember karma's a bitch

• Slut.

• Yes, why would you want to lead someone on with a false persona?

• I'm not leading them on. I'm trying to illustrate to them how they're being dumb.

• It's wrong to lead someone on!! Not all fun is good

• I find trolling yahoo answers in the society and cultural section is much more joyful. especially when you act like a racist prick.

• I think it's sad. People are using those sites to find friends and hopefully love. You're using it to make fun of them for your own pleasure

• I used the app seriously for like 3 weeks. Got nowhere. I only troll people who message me with idiotic things like "hey" five times.

• May you should try and have a conversation from them sending Hey, you know not everyone can write something witty or flattering without it sounding sleezy especially if there's not a lot on your profile to go on.

• @Dude55 trust me, there's plenty on my profile. I highly doubt they even bothered to read it.