How much on average do you spend on a date?

3790

Most Helpful Girl

• Whatever "half" turns out to be.

Most Helpful Guy

• $50-75 if we go out to dinner and have a few drinks

What Girls Said 36

• When it's my turn to pay 40-50 € on dinner, 10-25€ if we go bowling, to the movies etc. We just have "you paid last time, now it's my turn" kinda thing going on.

• I'm a frugal person, so I don't believe in spending a lot of money. I'd be willing to spend up to $15 per person, but I'd prefer less. I mean, I eat healthy so I'd feel like it was a copout if you got a $1 menu. I'd go to a healthy local cafe and get something under $10, maybe with a free side of fries or salad.

It seems like a waste to spend $25-50 , especially if you don't know if you really like this person or not. Besides, I'd expect attractive girls don't like eating several courses anyway. Portion sizes are ridiculous. I wouldn't mind getting two average or small sized meals and sharing.

• Thank you for calling out portion sizes! They're way, way too big. I'd much rather share and taste more things than be a glutton for one thing.

• @Streamhopper Haha yeah. When you find someone that vibes well a lot of the small stuff comes natural. Still, (if I imagined being a guy) I'd be kind of turned off if my date wanted me to pay for something expensive that wasn't really in their budget. It's part of being considerate and decent, especially if you want to keep going on weekend dates with this person. I mean it's not like you're really committed enough in the beginning for the 5 star stuff.

• That varies widely on the guy (in this case, at least). I mean, I totally understand what you're saying, but as a guy with a good income and a job, my mission in life is to attract a suitable mate; so I'm gonna toss everything out there I can to get that. And you know what's going to happen? It's like Craigslist on steroids. Wading through that is a lot of work.

• What the hell is a date?

• $0. I've never actually been on one

• Usually I don't spend anything on a date because I prefer to do things that don't cost anything on dates.

• That's cool, what are some of the best date ideas you have had?

• I'd also like to know.

• @Schnikies @MakeYouStranger just taking a walk in the park or sitting somewhere where the scenery is pretty. I never think too hard about what we're doing, I just focus on getting to know the other person. If money is spent on the date, it's usually very little; either just getting an ice cream or a coffee.

• My boyfriend usually pays for our dates. But we typically just go to dinner so it isn't too much. I kind of like simple dates that don't cost a lot like walking in the park or watching movies on the couch.

• I say to its max, something solid between $35 and $50. But if anything I'd always split the bill, whatever the cost that is.

• I don't really date lol...

• Like £15 - £20, we try to keep them low cost.

• Last date I took a guy out I spent $150.00.

• enough to have a meal

• 99% of the time split it up , on rare occasions I'll either pay the full bill myself or let him pay the full bill

• well... I'd spend about :
    70 buck on a large pizza and 15 on some cool drink and 30 on a hella big chocolate... that's my date night with myself XD. .. I don't go out on dates.

• 5 euros max myself a month
    My boyfriend pays for me during dates, so he spends ~100 euros a month

• $30-$50

• zero. I haven't gone on a date date.
    but when with friends, I spend a lot.

• Usually we split the bill or he pays, next time I pay. Sometimes he pays for dinner, then I pay for the movies.

• I would go halves with the guy. So whatever that is.

• I don't care about how expensive the plaxd is, as long as we're having fun and getting to know each other.

• 150 to cover both au minimum. Maybe my standards are high

• WHAAAT? first I heard of a girl who would pay for the guy (and thought of doing so ahead of time)!

• @Knighttime07 I'm not about to do a fake wallet dive. I have no issues paying. I want to enjoy my dates

• probably around 30 to 50 on both sides. I allways split.

• 57 maybe 100 depending on what we do

• my last one was 20 reais, less than 7 dolars and the other one was free haha

• my petrol to get to the date

• Zero. He never let me pay the bills.

• About $100

• I'm not comfortable with the guy always paying. I think both should pay 50% of date. $50 is max unless it's a special occasion.

• A man will feel bad if you force to pay your dish with your own money.

• $00.07 is a bit above my budget but I'm a nice gal

• He never lets me pay the bill but i try to leave the tip as much as possible.

• once I spent a hundred dollars.

• More from Girls
    6

What Guys Said 89

• I would say anywhere up to about £150 but obviously depends if it's a special occasion etc. i would say I pay normally without thinking about it but I do notice when she says I'll pay this time you always pay. The only exception I would have is if I asked you to do something with me kinda special or one off I would expect to pay as it was my idea and I asked you.

• I never bought any dates before, but I hear they're rich in certain vitamins, I think they should cost around the same you spend on grapes because theyre about the same size and shape but they're also more sweet.

• Depends the girl. Some need a good swift kick in the butt
    So to test them. Ill not offer to pay for both on day 1 lol. Lets see how she handles/reacts to such a thing

It's always great to see the hope that she has of not spending any money drain from her face 😂

• at my age maybe $30-35 all together, $50 if she's really special. maybe at your age i'd have to say a minimum of $45 because of alcohol (this is my answer for a date date, not a let's go out and get to know each other better before we become official)

• I never went on a date but I'd carry 10-20 euros with me. I prefer low cost dates or cheap/affordable dates.
    Picnic, parks, cafe, swim clubs or beaches. None of that fancy restaurant or movies or concerts on first/second dates.

When in a committed relationship I wouldn't exceed by too much. I'm broke after all with average pay and modest living.

• 20-40 for casual dates 100-250 for high class, special event dates. Usually take turns paying.

• what? WHAT?

I don't' spend money when I go on a date. If the girl isn't paying for everything, then she's obviously not the right girl for me!

Look, I'm totally all for equal rights and everything.. But when it comes to dating, I believe that the woman should pay for everything. It's just so unattractive when she doesn't. I'm a man, okay? The woman is supposed to take care of me. Call me old fashioned.. But I believe in chivalry..

• When I pay for a date it can be as low as $10 (each of get a smoothie or fancy coffee drink), or as high as $60 (dinner for two).

Average I say about $30 for a date.

• Depends on the date. At dinner or lunch, usually, 20 to 50 is about average. If we go out, like bowling or out in the town, it all depends.

• £75 on average, that's a decent meal + drinks + activity.

Expensive in London.

• jesus. i'd go broke so fast. lol

• @karahiri Yeah also includes my train fare and any other travel. I pay for most things, but the girl usually buys drinks too.

Thing is though, looking at it from a purely financial standpoint... for ALL the £75 dates I've been on in my life with different girls, I've ended up with one who I bought a house with. Which is twice the price of what I could get alone and is going up in value every year. Even 1000 (number is a lot lower) of those £75 dates pales in comparison.

She is also someone wonderful and being with her is something you can't put a price on 😛

• Please be my dating consultant. I'd save millions ;_;

• I spend as much as I want, as much as I need..

• One million doll hairs.

• Never had a date so yh first date would probably be £200 pound average starting £50-60 which goes down later on.

• Even if the woman insists on paying her share, I always wind up giving her extra change. It's usually a combined $80-90 for the meal & drinks for the two of us, so I usually give her all the change from the $100 we give the cashier.

• Anywhere from $50 to $100 depending on what we do

• Never been on a date before

• Enough to have a succesful date

• If I go on a date I must take at least 50 dollars or more. I will never let a woman pay for her dish.

• Depends entirely on the girl.

• at least I pay 150$ excluding the hotel room

• I pay for myself.

• 80-100 $ is about the amount I spend per date , but I've not been on a date in almost a year because I found a girl whom I love 😶

• depends on the date move&dinner is 40-$50 depending on the girl sometimes $60 now if we wanna have fun and go out n do dumb shit 70-$100 very rare is it ever $40. unless the girl down to earth like my current babe

• I learned kinda the hard way, first date must be in a coffee shop, second date just one or maybe two drinks, third date a little a lunch. You should be able to tell after the third date (if not the first) if the the person worth dating.

• i let them pay...

• <$30 usually. If anything I try to go on dates that cost no money, like walks in the park, hikes, free movie screenings, swimming at the beach, etc.

• I don't remember, she literally ripped me off on my first date, later on the same night i ripped her pussy hard it was awesome , it really worth

• well it varies have spent from 100-750 a few times but every other time my fiance insists on paying so oh well. I know 750 for a date well she's worth more so don't care

• i never go on dates, i've been only once on a date, and i spent, like 300 Rs.

• I've never been on a date, but I'd let the girl pay. #YouWantedEqualityDidntYou?

Simples...

• More from Guys
    59