How would you feel if the girl wanted to pay for dates and such?

Not like in an overbearing "I must pay!" way... but more like, she always offers and sometimes pays for you anyway because she wants to... and what about if she sometimes gets you gifts or buys you food that she knows you like or asks you before she gets food so she can get you something? I know, odd question. XD

1173

Most Helpful Guy

• Hesitant.
    That whole moment is painful even if it's me paying with no contest from her.

In principle it's fine, I'm sure it could be nice. In practice however, it's a minefield.

If I could be convinced that you actually like me and are *totally* cool with paying and want to do it then that's when it's fine. The problem is that for every girl like that there's at a girl who is willing to pay but if the guy doesn't offer first then she's pissed and it's a dumpable offense. Then there's the girl that will offer to pay but not really because on the inside she will insist that you, as a guy, should always offer and should overrule her even when she offers. Not to mention the girl that simply straight up expects a guy to pay. I truly wish that we could just let girls pay half the time and not fuss about such crap, but the safest route is to always offer and be insistent as a guy and it's super annoying. Dare I say I'd prefer a time when a guy would just pay and that was that, it'd be simple and we could be honest with each other. Instead girls have to play these games where guys only have one real move anyway. It's a silly dance. It's jumping through hoops. I'd love to not have to jump through hoops but there doesn't seem to be enough of the sort of women that are straightforward, honest and are *completely* cool with paying in order for me to feel comfortable not paying for a date. And all this being understood, it makes me kinda annoyed when I do pay, no matter what the circumstances. I just don't want to deal with such crap.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • so what if they just payed? like, no issue with you having to offer or anything. No requirement to pay her back. She just wanted to pay for you from the get go and it wasn't arranged previously. Like, say you're going to a movie. she's in front if you in the line and she just instantly pays for both tickets. she even smiles at you when you look at her strangely and offers to pay for snacks too.. in a genuine way.

• i see. XD I honestly do this with all of my friends and probably would do the same if I dated. i just wanted to get different perspectives. it's the person that I am. I think it's a way of showing affection, but I tend to legit just show up with food.. and I did at one time buy a movie ticket for my male friend (that I had a crush on -_-) without asking and then said I'd pay for popcorn and drink as well. I almost always pay for my friends' food, movie, sometimes even clothes or such.. and I will also buy food and videogames for my little sister.. if I have the money.. I don't know why, but I just have this feeling of wanting to over-indulge anyone that I have affection for- friend, family, or other. So in short, I was curious haha

• why tho because i do this a lot and he told me i thibk i run the relationship n he feels i feel im too good for his money but im not. i just like to cater to my guy i want him to feel my love n appreciation for him

Most Helpful Girl

• Its not even about how guys feel, its how other girls make you feel if your guy isn't paying for you. Luckily I no longer care about societal standards and I have a mind of my own so I know if I want to pay then its no big deal, but still js. If anybody was wondering, girls are most impressed if the guys actions can also impress other girls.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE