How important is trust and affection in a relationship to you?

Do you think you could last in a relationship without them?

215

Most Helpful Guy

• A relationship will not last without them.
    They are extremely important to me. Once the trust is gone so is the relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• if i don't trust a guy... then i won't share things about myself. if i don't share, then it's unbalanced. no relationship can survive that.

What Guys Said 4

• definitely not.
    affection builds up day by day the more i interact with the girl. just being closer cuz we text everyday eventually leads to that.

but trust is what helps the relationship grow further. i need to know she got my back cuz there will be days when things get tough. i will always support her so i need to know this goes both ways.

• So important that if I don't have both, then there's no relationship.

• Trust is a must have. Affection would depend on the person. Everyone has needs, some people would prefer to receive a compliment or a gift then to cuddle.

• no, these are real breakers

What Girls Said 20

• Nope. Living with someone I can't trust just means I'm too preoccupied waiting for their next betrayal to enjoy life.
    And a relationship without affection is just an aquaintance for me. It's like those people I know but who have always been at arm's length. The deepest we talk about is the weather, sports, food, etc.

• No. It takes a lot of trust for my relationships to go anywhere. Affection I consider cuddling, kisses, hand holding. I definitely couldn't live without those.

• It's very important. I have to put communication with it too, it's hard to be with someone whether through friendship or partnership without the meaningful talk

• Trust is a must and affection comes in different forms. I think affection is a must but it doesn't always have to be physical, some people aren't as comfortable with physical touch as others. For example if someone is asexual they can still have a loving and successful relationship as long as their significant other is accepting.

• It's the foundation, so it's pretty important.

• it's important

• Trust is one of the most important parts of a relationship. It's going to fail.

• Very important, w/o trust to me its always gna be doubting and what ifs. And w/o affection you might as well be just friends

• Super important. They are the building blocks of lasting relationships.

• Trust is the most important, then affection. If there's no trust it's hard for me to be affectionate.

• trust is the most important about relationships..
    if you trust each one..
    the the way too show you love each and respect each.

if in relationship without trust..
    what the point of all
    it's pointless..
    just don't make a relationship if without trust..

• very 10

• It's the foundation for any good relationship I think

• Nope major deal breakers for me.

• They are extremely important. I wouldn't be able to last in a relationship without those things.

• REALLY important. 10/10

• They're two of the most significant parts that structure a relationship

• Definitely not. Trust, affection and respect are the foundation of any relationship.

• I want sex and someone to bail me or of jail just in case. Or to rush me to the hospital. We don't love on another, don't be ridiculous.

• those 2 things define relationship... without either... how can there be relationship then? especially affection