Do you believe that relationships work if you give it a second chance?

Do you believe that giving a relationship that hit rock bottom a seance chance will work out successfully?

• Yes
  • No

1616

Most Helpful Guy

• In my experience, second chances don't work.

For example: My ex girlfriend in high school cheated on me. I immediately took my belongings back from her, and went no contact. Fast forward a few weeks, and she wound up begging me for a second chance. The guy she had left me for was abusive and as she said, "He didn't care about me and never listens to me."

I gave her a second chance. The first few days were great, and then she went back to her old self. She was acting still cold and distance towards me, just like she was before I found out that she was cheating.

After two weeks of that, I was scrolling through my Instagram feed, and as it turned out, she went to our senior prom with another guy, and had spent the weekend at his family's cabin.

I called her out, and we haven't spoken since. So, as I said before, second chances don't work. Generally speaking, people break up for pretty serious reasons. And it should stay that way.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends. Did the reasons the relationship hit rock bottom and end become resolved successfully for both parties? If so, and both have matured during the process and are committed to making it work, then it's possible it could work out the second time.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • We both saw the faults and is working on it, my concern is he was on dating sites and actually went on a date while with me so that resulted to us breaking up.. but we got back together a week ago.. just concerned if he's still on those dating sites..

• Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself. Don't let him sweet talk you-remember this is the clown who went out on a date while he was your boyfriend. So if you are giving him another chance then you should make sure he's playin by your rules not his

• You're right. thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.