Should I break up with him because his family is racist towards me?

1017

Most Helpful Guy

• Let me ask you a question. Do you date him or his family? :-)
    And another one. How is he towards you, what are his relationship with his family members and how much is he influenced by their opinions?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • He isn't influenced by their opinions at all but they said some very racist hurtful comments to me.

• OK. Don’t take them (and yourself, for that matter) too seriously. I don’t know, how to explain this, but just…don’t get offended. If someone try (or not) to offend me, I just…don’t care. You need some level of detachment.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, you should. Because you don't want anything to do with that. You can't change your family. I'm not saying he's bad like them, but the fact is you can't do anything about it. You don't want to be involved with somebody who disrespects you. There are long-term consequences from being in that kind of relationship, especially if you want to get married and have children.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE