Who is to blame when someone cheats?

Is it the person cheating, or the person being cheated with? Let's assume that the person who is being cheated with doesn't know that the other person is cheating on their significant other.

1220

Most Helpful Guy

• I would definitely say the cheater in most if not all cases but I do consider exceptions. I think if a person is abused terribly by their partner and the partner either is forced to stay with them out of fear (e. g blackmail) or the other person does not accept a break up then it is the other persons fault.

I have been cheated on during the first few weeks of a relationship before and only found out a few months after. At the time I was away when we had just started dating and we were both obsessed with eachother (I thought, but still so believe) She felt really bad and was scared to tell me because she didn't want to lose me. I was calm and asked her one day why after being so happy and loving she felt really sad, she told me everything and was begging for forgiveness. I asked her why. She had recently left an abusive relationship and whilst I was away her ex had been over and traumatised her again. She doesn't have many friends so she turned to one guy for comfort, she was drink, upset and missing me (he kinda took advantage) it was early on and nothing else had happened since so I wanted to give it another go and we did. It was only until a few months later in an argument where she blamed my friend for it happening and was glad it happened as we wouldn't have been together today if it had happened. Because I was away visiting family when she called me a lot, upset after the event with her ex, one of my friends was drunk and confused as to why I was in the phone. They simply asked in a sharp way why I was calling so much and to get off the phone. This upset her apparently and made her feel unwanted and a burden to me so instead she found comfort from someone else. I do not accept this and think you either know you're not going to cheat or you could or would cheat. I accepted the apology when she claimed responsibility, but when she tried to shift the blame and therefore remove her guilt, I knew she wasn't sorry and this was too far for me. That was the end of us and yes the cheater was to blame!

Most Helpful Girl

• The person cheating is in the wrong, no one put a gun to their head.

What Guys Said 19

• The cheater is always the one to blame. It doesn't matter what the person they're cheating with does, the cheater always has the choice not to cheat. They may not have the strength to resist temptation, but that doesn't excuse them from the fault. Lack of self restraint does not give validity to any wrong doing.

• If the person who is being "cheated with" doesn't know the cheater is in a relationship then they're not to blame. But if they do they're as scummy as the cheater.

• Great question. People cheat because they are bored. So how did the relationship get to that point?

• The person cheating and possibly, or probably the person who is being cheated. The person who the cheater cheats with is just having sex.

• The person who cheats..

• if I'm dating a girl and she has sex with another guy that's solely on her. That guy never promised me he wouldn't sleep with my girlfriend. He made no commitment and if not him she'd find another guy. now if I know the guy and they continue seeing each other and lying about it that is also low but if I don't know him, no foul.

• The person cheating

• the person cheating of course

• The person cheating, if the person they are cheating with knows then them too

• The cheater of course , only politician will say otherwise lol

• It's always both, and both should be executed.

• I'm at that point where I know I am not happy with just one female... in every one of mine relationships.. the sex always gets stale and something is always missing I truly need another woman for my current lifestyle

• you're 13...

• I doubt you have had 1 relationship let alone many. I also doubt you are having as much sex as you are trying to make it seem if you are having any at all. You are only 13.

• cheater.

• My dick

• the person who is cheating is to blame.

• and that is just one of the reasons premarital sex is bad.

• If it's the man that cheats, it's the woman's fault. If it's the woman that cheats, it's her own fault too. Simple.

• If a guy cheats it is his fault

• You are the type who tries to justify cheating. The guy is responsible for his own actions.

• Cheating is justified if the woman forces you to find attraction elsewhere. Men have a right to do this.

• The cheater mostly

• It's always the females fault no matter what the circumstances may be

What Girls Said 11

• Well if they don't know how can they be blamed? Thought personally I think regardless of the situation, if they know or don't. The person who should get blamed is the one actually cheating. As the one cheating with doesn't know/ made a commitment to break with the other

• Always the cheater and since we're assuming that the other person doesn't know the cheater is cheating it isn't their fault. If they did know the cheater is cheating then they share some of the blame

• The person who cheats is to blame in basically every circumstance I can think of.

• The cheater, absolutely.

• The cheater. Couldn't get the courage to just end it

• The person who cheated, it takes two to tango

• The person cheating

• The cheater is always to blame. NEVER the person being cheated on. Doesn't matter how shitty you are, no one deserves that.

• in this case the cheater. but if the other person knew about the cheater having a bf/gf they are in the wrong and it would be both

• the cheater unless the person they are cheating with knows then both are to blame

• Of course the cheater