Is it a deal breaker if a girl has conservative parents?

Like if the girl you're dating can't stay over all time or without planning before?

223

Most Helpful Guy

• Bad form to let your grandkids be made under your roof. unless it's the family farm, multiple generations in lots of farms for years.. till the 60s.. then a decrease in that living style for more factory work.. but I digress.
    most parents do not want a baby first life for their own children..
    (push cart thinking (baby carriage & cart before the horse analogy) instead of job, car, apartment, boyfriends, house, fiance, marriage, baby order that they had)
    my wife had the get out of the house b/c your pregnant type of parents.. (@15)

Most Helpful Girl

• What matters isn't just your Parents beliefs but what are YOUR beliefs. Do you believe in saving sex of any and all kind for marriage? Do you believe in young marriages and marrying young? Do you believe that kids should ONLY be conceived within a stable marriage environment? In fact, do you even believe in marriage at all? This is what has to be questioned about the person who claims they want to date you, and the questions they have to discern about you. Most secular guys will not date you because of the parents mainly so if you hold similar or same views, even if you are NOT religious. But they will play the boyfriend card just to have sex with you and then call it a day if and when the relationship fails. Just remember that. However, regardless of your views, if they can NOT. And I do repeat.

IF THEY can NOT respect YOUR DESIRES and views for the relationship, MOVE ON. I don't care if he's popular, or how he makes you get butterflies, and you swoon when you see him and fantasize being in his arms, or to passionately kiss his 'sweet [possibly venom lips]', find somebody else who fits what you NEED in a partner. Do this, and you are bound to make the right choices that will help you find a perspective partner. Otherwise, you'll keep getting losers. Literally.

What Guys Said 22

• It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me... actually it would make life convenient as she and I would then have some of the same constraints xD My parents are quite conservative so it'd be nice as she'd have a similar understanding of where I'm coming from... in other words I can't simply just come over whenever and it won't sound like an empty excuse if I say I can't come over. Not to say I'd ever use it to make an excuse, it's just nice not to have people think you're simply making excuses.

• what does having conservative parents have to do with this? that just sounds like normal parents that care for there daughter

• Maybe... depends on how conservative.

• no, not a problem.
    i have to understand that her parents worry about her if she stayed out late in the night.

• i don't give a shit. they just need to not be dickheads

• No, it just makes it even more fun to be bad with her.

• No..

• not really. It's good.

• Only if they don't

• No i would date a girl with conservative parents.

• no, I have no problem with it

• No, I'm dating her, not her parents...

• Nah it wouldn't be, if anything a nice little quest to gain there trust which might relax the boundaries

• No, I prefer her parents being conservative.

• Depends on how strict they are and how that affects her dating life.

• Okay so in my case I am not conservative at all, it's just that sometimes I have to go by their strict rules

• When you say stay over, do you mean at your parents house or the guy you're seeing house?

• I'd be glad. It shows you've been raised by good people, that you're trustworthy.

• is she conservative too?

• Nah, let's say just her parents

• eh. no. unless I think I can get her to think. she'll lean conservative then. then maybe.

• No, open minded Western family is worse. Anything goes.

• Only if it is her parents and not just a excuse.

• its encouraging

• No. It sounds like they know the dangers of letting their daughter do whatever she wants whenever she wants and that they value their daughter's safety. It's perfectly fine and seems very sensible to me.

• I'm not boning her parents. I don't care how they are.

What Girls Said 1

• Depends on where you live. I'm Arab so it's actually a good thing to come from a more or less conservative family considering that the reputation of one's family is important in terms of marriage.

If I had a son i would want him to be with a conservative girl who's parents are also conservative.