Would you date someone who plays World of Warcraft?

I used to think the game was totally lame, but my current SO has gotten me into it. We're now playing together :)

• Yes
  • No
Select a gender to cast your vote:

1230

What Guys Said 30

• If you're both into it, sure. But for me no I wouldn't. Especially games like WoW are built for you to build a life inside the game, and people get seriously addicted to it.

Diablo II owned me for a couple years in high school, and about 5 years ago it was Skyrim. No, I'm done.

• I would xD I don't know that I'd play it with them, just because I don't really enjoy mmos (except for LEGO Universe that game was fanfrickentastic...)

• Having wasted a good 5 years of my life in this game no I wouldn't. Not anymore. The game is shit nowadays. It's hiatus is over and I think everyone who still plays this shit still should reconsider their life decisions xD I'm not against gaming at all but wow has just become cancer. It was good in the past tho.

• I did. She was more interested in her guild and going on raids than going on dates with me.

When I found myself sitting at home on a Friday night reading texts like "I just looted a sweet crossbow" I decided it was time to find another girl.

• That's pretty excessive I will admit...

• I love games but I would never put them before sexytimes!

• I'm glad I'm not the only guy this has happened too! :P

• I don't like World of Warcraft or any MOBA games, but sure, i would date nerdy girl who play games. It could be the one thing we can have in common :D

• Sure. I'd just be content that she was a gamer too. Even though I don't play WoW myself, I'm sure we would have tons of other things in common. It looks like a phenomenal game, but it's been around for so long that I'd be overwhelmed and left in the dust if I tried to pick it up now. That's the only reason I don't play it.

• Actually, you wouldn't be overwhelmed because you start off learning how to play at lower levels before you take on the dungeons and raids. The game is designed to ease you into the world, not drop you into it without a clue.

• @Branes51 Yeah, well PvP is all I care about anyway. Yes, I'm one of "those" guys.

• there is low level pvp as well

• sure, if they have some time to be with me to / play something else multiplayer. if they only play WoW and do nothing else in their spare time, no.

• Gamer girls are hot, getting a girl into video games is always something guys want to do, and being able to share gaming with her is really a bug deal. So having someone already into gaming or at least a game is really hot.

• Im not so sure... See I usually hear that people who play just become obsessed with the game and it becomes all they do. Thats not a good thing.

• Lol, of course. As long as you're not spending a ton of time on it, I'd love to date a girl who plays video games.

• I've been on WoW for the first time when it had just opened. I was 14. Never seen a larger group of assholes all in the same place. I've been there for a week, before leaving.

• Sure as long as they realize sunlight exists.

• Nope, I'm too old to be in a relationship with a gamer. I don't believe we'd have much in common.

• You're never to old to be a gamer. I'm 66 and I play Diablo 3 and have over 120 Steam games. I've got over 25 toons on WoW but I've stopped playing it. Don't like Legion.

• I work on computers all day. The last thing I want to do when my day is done is look at more screens. The beach is much more fun.

• I don't care what you're playing. If I'm not into it I won't play it but there surely are games both would enjoy

• I don't play WoW, as long as they aren't completely addicted i'd be fine

• If she paid for me to play it sure why not

• Yes, i would date a girl who was into Gaming I'm cool about things.

• No..

• I hate this game but yeah I don't have problem

• do you believe I would reject or date someone solely on the fact that she's playing wow?

• Yeah, it's awesome to be with a gamer girl :D

• Considering I play it too, it would be incredibly hypocritical of me not to.

• Don't see why not

• buying underaged hookers like all corporate people do

• If they're cute idc

• No I don't date weirdos

• Definitely

• I've been playing on and off since vanilla. I'm polar opposite of what you would consider a nerd too. There's always going to be a bad reputation with gamers as being socially inept or sort of dorky. My girlfriend and I play together as well lol. No shame. You just just do you

• Depends what level they are obviosly?

• as long as I can mouthfuck them it's fine.

What Girls Said 12

• Me and boyfriend have both played WOW. He doesn't anymore though, and I do just occasionally. It's a bit too expensive for the actual contents of the game. But would affect my decision in dating.

• $14.95 a month is too expensive? That's two drinks at an average night club or bar.

• Considering the content repeats itself over and over again, meaning every quest is similar, it's too expensive. I don't drink alcohol, so a bad comparison.

• I used to... and then I found out that is his world... and no one can live with that sort of a person where they're completely and utterly immersed in a fantasy and are maybe even addicted to it - and by maybe I mean - in my case, it was 100% true.
    So no. I learned my lesson and would never do it again.

No thank you. =)

• Sure. I don't like it much myself but I don't care if someone else plays it.

• Yeah me and my fiance used to play it together but we don't play it anymore

• That's what games do with you. You think it's like 'meh or okay' but when you try it, you might get consumed in it

• I don't play wow, but as long as he'd play Overwatch with me, I'd be happy

• My boyfriend is obsessed with Counter Strike so yeah whatever hahah

• Hey, I like Counter Strike as well! What's his SteamID? I could hook up with him and play some comp.

• Absolutely as long as I can play toooooo!

• Gamer people are the ebst, ebcause they are very fun and very very smart. also game boys and girls are so hot, and also they will have good future, because probably they ebcame ingeneer and have an expensive car.
    http://www.onlineclasses.today/

• Yes. It doesn't matter to me

• Yes, I played it some time ago, it's cool but I don't wanna spend 12€ each month on it

• I'm dying to date someone who plays world of warcraft