Will you go for a second date with a person if the first date was disaster?

so I went on date with this guy. everything was good but at one point we started argument on one topic n it turned out bad.
now he is asking for second date.
what do you think?

1135

Most Helpful Guy

• The qualities they show in an argument can give off hints about their traits (verbally offensive or calm during an argument etc) and it is better to experiment the situation the same situation a couple times before making sure of your conclusions. So i would say give him some time to calm down and then ask him out.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on what he thought of the date. If he agrees it went badly, I'd give him another chance. But if he thought the date went good and is asking for a second date because of it, I wouldn't go.

What Guys Said 34

• If she was up for it, fuck yea.

If someone likes me so much that even after a shitty first date they still wanna talk to me, then that says something about them.

• thats like jumping into a pool of sharks that you previously jumped and luckily survived

• Not sure. I've messed up dates before for sure , I remember I met a girl from on Tinder and said "I only swiped yes because it said you like travelling , and didn't look at the picture " she seemed pi*sed and the night went downhill - looking back though, I think she was cute , just messed up what I said ; I'd see her again , but don't think it will ever happen unfortunately !

• Absolutely I would. Sometimes chemistry takes a bit. Sometimes it's just awkward the first time. Sometimes you can tell right away the chemistry is just not there. I had coffee with a woman I met on POF. She was a good looking girl too, but when we talked, there was zero chemistry! We both knew it. I never called or texted her, nor did she to me.

• depends on how much I like the girl. if I'm wasted like 3 weeks talking to her I'm definitely going to try for a second date even if the first one was pretty bad

• I've been on second dates after a rough start. But I wouldn't date someone if we got into an argument right off the bat. Life's too short.

• I'd like to try it again. First time face to face conversations sometimes aren't enough to know the other. Second time you have the advantage to make the time worth spent.
    If still nothing... Then I move on..

• It would depend on what kind of disaster. If it was something that put a rift between us, then probably not. That said, that could change depending on if we talked after the date and solved the issue or something along those lines.

• I would think about the first argument we had, if it was a very touchy or personal subject, then i would not want to go. But if it was something in general we argued about then i would give it a second shot !!

• Depends on what happened and if we talked about that.

• Yah we all deserve second chances

• Yeah

• no I dont think about ir again she invited on her own

• 1st impression is the last impression

I would be dont want a disastrous date 😂

• It can be he had realized that he had ruined such an important chance on a silly argument and feeling guilty. what your gut says?

• All first dates are awkward duh

• i would yeah

• if the first date doesn't go well I'm done

• I wouldn't do that with sum 1

• If it turned out bad, I would probably decline...

• nope i would find someone else

• don't do it

• definitely will go... from the first one definitely learn something that would not repeat

• Depends how I feel about the person tbh

• Naaah.. will Chuck it

• Listen to your instinct! If your hesitant it's probably a sign.

• Yess

• try to come with me... u btr to choose next person that should be me

• nope

• yeah, you should give it a chance my be this time you like it

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 10

• If I argue with someone on the first date, no, it if was a little awkward and I see a ray of hope, yeah.

• What was the topic about? If it is something you cannot agree on and it's important to you, like you don't believe in abortion and he does, then that is a 'NO'. You do not want to continue seeing somebody you're not compatible with. That is what dating is about. Finding a suitable partner, not about how much you like them or their looks. But getting to the bottom of who they are and do their values, views, principles, and morals align with yours. Don't keep dragging out something that is important to you. If it's silly, then give him another chance, but it's fair to please talk about these things before you go on another date. Especially if it was a misunderstanding. You can give another try. But the moment it crosses another issue you have, then break it off.

• I'd give it another chance

• Maybe. I got into a heated argument with a guy concerning cultures and religion and preferences, the next day he apologised and I did the same, now we are back on good terms.

• If aside from the one argument, you liked him, I'd give it one more shot.

• I personally don't believe that first impressions are everything. You never know what could have happened before the date

• If we both thought it was bad then yes.

• usually no unless he was REALLY attractive

• say no.

• It depends on what you argued about if it's something that is apart of your foundational beliefs I'd say no. If the argument was trivial, ask her m for coffee and just talk about your concerns.