Is it okay if I pay for myself on a first date?

I'm going on a first date with this guy I think we're going to meet up at a coffee shop, I want to pay for my coffee. Should I? Or should I let him pay for it if he offers? I

1146

Most Helpful Guy

• If I asked a woman out and she demanded to pay for herself, I would be hurt and offended. That means she really had no desire to go on a date with me.
    Whoever asked for the date should pay the 1st time. Then the other person should pay the next time. Or he pays for the first part of the date and then if you go to a 2nd location, you pay there.

• I'm getting mixed answers here I don't know what to do😭

• I don't think the woman always means she didn't want to go on the date. If that were me, if I didn't like you we wouldn't be on a date. I think it shows she doesn't necessarily feel the need to rely on a guy.

• @creepypanda it is about respect. If she respects me, and is interested, she will let me pay for the date (assuming I asked her out). If she has manners, she will let me do it even if she has no intention of having a second date. As I stated, if you go to a second location on that same date, it is ok for the other person to pay there (or they pay the 2nd date).

Most Helpful Girl

• There's no problem in you paying for your own stuff. It means your independent and not afraid of being your own woman. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bad mouthing the women who let men pay, go all for it, I'm just saying you don't have to live by the old time rules where men should pay.

• Yeah exactly! Thank you

• Yeah so many mixed answers I'll just follow what feels right for me at the time when me meet. Thanks again! xx

• You're welcome. I hope it goes well