What do you think about movie for the first date? Too boring? Fun? No interaction?

Anabelle maybe?

1917

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not big on movies as first dates, because you basically just sit in the other person's company. I prefer more one on one interaction.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say it's a bad idea. If I were to watch a movie on a date, I'd probably bring it home. Going to the movies where the lights go out and you can't interact with your date... it's just way too dull. This is also why I don't like watching movies with friends; how's it different from watching alone? If you want to watch a movie on a date, you should probably watch it at home on your television.

What Girls Said 18

• I don't like the idea of movie dates unless you already know each other well. You can't really talk while watching a movie and there's little interaction with the other person anyway.

• Actually my first date ever was with my current boyfriend. Thing is we had texted only a bit and barely talked. The movie was at 7:30 and he picked me up at around 7:20 so we didn't even really have time to talk before it, we just went straight to it. It was actually VERY awkward. And also as he went up the stairs he tripped in front of me which I thought was the cutest little thing ever 😂 and after the movie was over it was also very awkward when we walked out. We sat on a bench and that's when we started talking a bit more actually, and things were starting to be more entertaining and interesting. We had to leave because the mall was closing so it kinda sucked. My advice is just invite her out to eat, the movies might be good for a third date maybe or as a more casual plan. Maybe plan for a movie during the first date, but don't just go into a movie without knowing them it's just awkward lol good luckkkkk❤

• Not a good idea for a first date. You don't talk during a film and the point of a first date is to get to know the other person so a movie isn't the best way to go about that. Try a coffee date or go for a walk in a park or something.

• I like going to see movies and Anabelle would be a good one, it wouldn't be boring, but there'd be no chance to see if you actually get on. Maybe if it was dinner and a movie, fine, but I would generally avoid a movie for the first date if that's all you're doing.

• Interesting how (at this point) almost all the females say no, and a few of the guys say it's a good idea.

Here's why it's excruciating for a girl. First, you have to commit to two hours of something you probably aren't even going to like. Then there's the popcorn nightmare. One of you is going to hog the buttered ones - guaranteed. Then you sit and listen to that nauseated munching from this person you don't even know. Then the sipping and sucking of the drink. You're in the dark, so you basically rely on your ears to get your first impression and so far it's disgusting. The movie comes on - the girl looks at the guy and he is focused entirely on the film. She wonders if he is going to put his popcorned crumbed/oily-butter fingers around her shoulders. "Oh my god," she thinks, "I'm wearing my best rayon top and this shit isn't going to come out if he touches me." If he doesn't attempt to look at her or touch her for two hours during a 2+hr film that she is likely only agreeing to because she doesn't want to be rude, she's subjected to the munching, breathing, and inability to connect with him during these crucial first few moments of the date. It gives her time to think. Because of the film being of no interest, she's wondering if she should cook up an excuse to leave right after. So far, she hasn't been talked to, paid attention to in any way, and she's wondering if Date #2 or even your relationship is going to be filled with nights like this. Likely, she needs to go to the washroom. She takes her phone and texts/begs a friend to call and say there's an emergency in ten minutes. She goes back to her seat and gets the coincidental phone call. After the movie, she tells you she's really sorry but she has to go, she just found out her friend got rape-culture-raped. As far as you know, she barely said a word to you and you don't know what went wrong. She hardly touched the popcorn and what little she ate, she seemed cute taking one at a time and chewing really quietly. (Women hate eating in front of guys on first dates.) As far as you know, you had the company of a girl and watched a good movie - what could be better? Well... think about what she might have felt.

Women need to connect and *feel* something from the guy. They want to talk and explore their likes and dislikes, do things that involve getting to know each other. To me, a movie doesn't cut it, especially for how long you need to sit there for.

• I'd leave movies for a 3rd or 4th date, given that usually there isn't much talk involved, but it's a great opportunity to make out. You need to ask her what movie she'd like to see, and keep in mind that Annabelle 2 is way scarier than the first one was. I went to see it with the guy I'm dating and there was just no mood for being romantic lol.

• Too boring, no interaction, and way too cliché. First dates are for getting to know each other, that means you should be talking and maybe also doing something together.

• I wouldn't go only to the movies for a first date. If you really want ti go watch a movie go after to have dinner or before to have coffee or something that you can actually talk and get to know each other first.
    I like having dinner and then movies in case you go at night if not movie and then dinner to have conversation topics.

• Not the best idea. You want to be able to talk and get to know the person on an intimate level.

• Annabelle, I'm in!

• Not for a first date ,, the purpose of a first date is too get to know one another better. There should be talking. Restaurant is the perfect first date > but nothing too fancy , keep it casual

• I love watching movie with my boyfriend, we can talk about it, laugh together. T think it depends on what you both like to do

• Too boring, even if it is horror.

• Too soon, try a coffee place or a nice hike where u can chat

• annoying for the people sitting at the movies

• Too boring how are you suppose to talk and get to know each other

• I think it depends on you, but usually scary movies are good because we'll get scared and cuddle up with you

• Unless this is someone you really know well otherwise, use your first few dates to talk with each other as much as you can. I dislike movies for first dates.

What Guys Said 16

• Movie isn't a good idea for a first date, you're just sat there awkwardly watching a movie with a stranger

• Not enough interaction. You don't get to know anything about each other. If you talk you'll be hated by everyone else there.

• If you know her already in someway and you both wants to watch that movie then you should go because it will give you one more thing to talk about. In any other case, I don't think it is a great idea.

• Not a good idea, y'all won't even be talking to each other!

• Depends on the movie. Something that will be fun both involved and spark up conversation. Avoid romance movies too early on, and avoid something like to shades unless you want her to assume all you want is sex.

• No interaction.

• Yes a horror movie makes the girl feel excited and will associate that excitation with you, making her like you more.

• Maybe dinner then a movie, or the other way around. Either way, you ought to spend some time together that you can talk, especially on the earlier dates

• I like the idea of the movies for a date! But maybe not for a first... I mean yes it is easy cool and could work... Just not for me... Personally i would more like something where you can get to know your date... I mean movies are great but not much room for a talk... I would first go to dinner and then a movie not just a movie because you miss sooooo many opportunities because of it

• I'd say no. Unless you've known each other a while already. Cause you need to get to know each other. Otherwise it's too easy to avoid communicating hiding behind a movie..

• Don't you dare do that for a first date.

• Maybe not a scary movie haha

• Horror yeah, anything else no. Something you actually wanna watch no, something you dont care about yes. satanic movies from the depths of hell yes? Kim kardashians sex tape no. Its only boring if you dont sacrifice her to odin afterwards.

• A movie and have some beers afterwards sounds like a great date for me!

• not a good idea

• It doesn't matter. Most people shouldn't even be dating, they are too dysfunctional. Give it a few dates and you will see exactly what I mean...