How long does it take for you to get over someone you had feelings for?

Is it easy for you or does it just take some time to lose those feelings? Or will you always have feelings for them even just a little bit?

Anyone else?

821

Most Helpful Guy

• Well it's been 2 years and i still think about her unfortunately lol i hope i get over it eventually because overthinking sucks

• how long were you guys together?

• Cheated with her teacher? wasn't expecting that lol

• Neither was i 😂

Most Helpful Girl

• It takes me long time sadly... that's why I never date now whatever.. I am going to date when I find a real mature guy who's ready to commit

What Guys Said 20

• There's two answers to this...
    ONE if you evaluate yourself absolutely perfectly, asking yourself why you had these feelings, and why that, and why the answer to the long list of questions, then ask what you can and can't do, AND then accept it. THEN at this point... you have a chance to not feel for them, (but also at this point even if you did feel for them you wouldn't worry about it or feel bad about it)

OR you can just not do anything, feel for them. You're human, they're human, your memories will always be there, and like a tree, you will grow around it and become a bigger person.

• It varies from woman to woman and how close we got. It has taken me anywhere from a couple of minutes to still having lingering thoughts. Also for some reason girls named Sarah seemed to haunt me longer than most lol. I think it depends on the circumstances of how it ends I still have a few woman I think about out of the blue sometimes since I get reminded of them. Theirs a girl I am still partially have regrets with fourteen years on. The formers were more recent. Its so personal their is no time period to get over them all.

• Its all depends on how and why these "feelings" were lost doesn't it? I mean if someone tells you or says something that is a deal breaker to you, those feelings can fly out the window. If someone says they aren't feeling this to you and you felt something and thought you had something between each other, it's gonna take a while.

• When you find out let me know. Tomorrow is 24 years since I last saw her and it hurts just as much.

• its been almost 2 years, and i still think about her every chance i get, dream about her every night.
    then tthe thought of her being with someone else comes makes me crazy.
    life is good, love sucks
    dont get them confused.

• its been 5 days, I don't know if anyone else can find the question anymore

• Well, I usually get over things quick enough.. But there are always still lingering feelings until they dwindle into small here and there feelings.. LOL..

• I know this isn't relevant mostly but I had a sort of relationship thing for 2 weeks took me about 2 months to get over and still feel sad thinking about it also never met in person (i know for sure they were not a catfish)

• They don't go away.

• Two months.

• if you had done anything intimate with the person and depending the amount of time you might spent, of course. but i guess its different for everyone. some can brush it off easily.

• well if you loved that one really hard.. it might take a year it might take less.. but there will always be kind of nostalgia

• About until I get the next crush

• time is the only thing that will heal you and dating other people

• I'm not good at getting over girls I really love

• half a year, give or take, for it to go away completely

• Ever

• could take years ;(

• Hey message me lady

• A couple of minutes honestly...

• Seven years for one girl...

What Girls Said 7

• Umm... it doesn't take long. The longest it's ever taken me was 2 years, but that was also because he was my first love and it wasn't until I got closure with him that I was finally able to move on. However, because I'm emotionally damaged it doesn't take me long to move on from guys. In the span of three years I've went through like more than 10 guys and if it weren't for my boyfriend I'd probably still be going through more. I very rarely get that emotionally attached to a guy. I once had a guy tell me he'd been in love with me for 2 years - since the moment he met me and I "liked him" back at the time, but then I was like, nah, and a month later I had a new boyfriend and then a couple months after that I was talking to another guy after we broke up. It's both a blessing and a curse. :/

• Used to be a few months... close to a year. Now, It's like a month

• Years.

• Months, years.

• Depends on how long you focus on them. If you change your focus, you move on quicker.

• I moved on with my feelings for this guy after 4 months. It really depends on the person, a guy friend of me got rejected by a girl 3 years ago but he is still in love with her, poor guy...

• I don't know man, i liked this guy back in 2014 and Im still thinking about him