How do you react when your past exes/dates contact you again to see you again 😭?

1728

Most Helpful Guy

• This happened to me just a month ago or so. A girl I was dating, contacted me again. It was a weird relationship, if you could call it that. We met at the club and had some sexual experiences with one another afterward that were pretty hot. I hung out at her place at times, usually before we went out to clubs. I met her dad and he was pretty good with me. I guess maybe I started to act a bit differently because I didn't want it to seem like I just always wanted to get sexual with her, but it didn't come across correctly to her (thinking back on how it went on reflection). Anyhow, we started hanging less together, and then she flirted more with other guys at the club. In the end things ended, mutually, but sort of abruptly.

Fast forward to last month. She found me on Facebook and said that she missed me and hated how things ended with me. She was apparently looking for me on there. The problem is that I'm at a different point in my life and I also thought about how it ended with us. I guess the point here is that perhaps in my heart somewhere I wanted to try again, but also I would be hurting someone else if I did and the fact that I have a family of my own right now, would make things disastrous. But yeah, I did feel we were good together, just our timing wasn't good before. She was younger and we were at differing points in our life back then. The same thing was present now as well.

I just believe that we have many people that come into our lives that are potentials, or there is way more than one person that are potentials to be right for us. But it's all about the timing of our lives that make them perfectly right for us.

Most Helpful Girl

• When they attempt to do that I am like:
    "No, thanks, bye Felicia"

• Hahahaha
      Good 👍🏿

• You should do the same! They are not worth it :p

What Guys Said 27

• Thankfully it hasn't happened yet. And if it did, I would categorically refuse. Mostly due to pride. I can't be with someone if it didn't work the first time.

• I take it as a compliment. A lot of the girls I've dated have told me that I'm the best guy they've ever been with. Sadly for girls, there aren't a whole lot of high-quality guys out there for them to date. Some of my exes have ended up with guys who are skinny/fat/ugly/moronic/insertdeficiencyhere. It's understandable why they'd reach out to me again.

• Lmfao but sort off true
      People say I am picky but nah there isn't much quality out there

• No, it's totally true. Look around at how many lame guys there are. I feel bad for girls. At least girls make efforts to look good. Most guys are weak, have no game or energy, and are out of shape. Yeah, line up, ladies.

• Yes 😭

• I'm like hey how you been doing? Nice to see you again, catch up be on my way.

Most of my breakups weren't bad and I stayed friend with most of my exes so it's no big deal if we see each other.

• I'd be okay with it if we would not have left each other with a bad feeling and if I were still single.
    If it would become something, I doubt but I wouldn't be shocked...

• I don't disrespect anyone for no reason so I'd treat her as someone I once knew, as for hooking up again I go by when it's over keep it there.

• NO CONTACT

• I never came across past ex girlfriends contacting me
    Experience with how they treated me taught me a lesson
    If a ex girlfriend did contact me i wouldn't pursue things
    with them.

• No thanks.

• We smash and then leave

• Like "eh. Maybe i can tap it for old times sake."

Unless i was rreally in love but knew that it wouldn't work out. Then i would stay away from them and not respond. No need to relive pain.

• If you're really in love, why would you not try to work it out... and completely ignore her?

• well if it didn't work out the first time and nothing has changed, either with her and who she is or me and who i am, then itll end the same.

i dont want to put her through that and i don't want to go through that myself. i guess that means i would have to give her a date or 2 to see if things have changed but if they haven't...

• depends what ex like I get along with mine Barr like two of them but if they wanted to talk I'd be game I'm not gonna alienate them as a person just because we didn't work out as well as we hoped

• They are exes for a reason so might be nice but wouldn't change anything on that.

• I wouldn't want that to happen

• if it happened I will give you whatever you want, its deal I desperately wants my wife and 2 sons back who left me 6 years back, Just pray for their return and your reward

• Wanna give some context?

• It s someone I dated2
      He didn't have a comforting past so I let him go
      Now he said he wants to see me again and go for drinks

• Well I'm guessing he hoped you become easier to fuck. Which you didn't and I respect you for as you have reasons. But long story short people don't change

• Fuck her, ignore her.

• I'm like, "nah"
    There's a reason it's over.

• I wouldn't answer if it end bad between us

• I usually text many people just because it is funny. I would chat with them as well for the fun.

• Ignoring is a better option, or probably will go for a coffee once and close the chapter !!

• I ignore them

• I hope their the opasit sex

• gonna get my fuck on

• it is a hard question..

• Ghosted em.
    Both of my exes cheated, and I want nothing to do with either of them.

• With my first ex, she had dumped me for a druggie.

I went no contact for about three weeks after that, and sure enough, she came crawling back over text. And I really regret taking her back.

She was hot and cold towards me once we had gotten back together. And after a little digging, I found out she was cheating on me again.

So I've learned my lesson. Once you break up with someone over something serious, there's no taking them back. Period.

What Girls Said 16

• It is frustrating. What is the purpose of an ex contacting you? the relationship ended you need to move on with your life. you can't live in the past, so why keep revisiting it with them. I think most of the time the ex has realized that they messed up, left for no reason, or thought there was something better only to find out they were wrong.

• I try to be friendly, but make it clear- if it didn't work out then it's not happening now. (If you are both single you might get a nice one time lay though)

I'm actually on friendly terms with almost all of my exes.

• What's wrong with meeting him? Just meet him but make it clear that you two are over now. Hang out as a friend. I don't see it's wrong to not hanging on with your ex

• He wants to get bck together
      I d love it if we become friends but that s not what he wants

• Do you want to get back together with him? The question is for yourself to answer. If you don't want to but still wanna be friends with him, decline politelu and say if he wants to hang out, do it as friends

• I'm typically annoyed.

• Generally with a range of feeling from nausea to terror.

• Only one ex did that. Told him I'd rather fuck Hitler, bin laden and any terrible human I could think of than spend another minute with him.

• I don't show enthusiasm and say no.

• When my ex said he wanted to see me again I laughed then said no.

• pretty much this

• mixed feelings, I always feel happy in the end because I end up thinking I was someone important to them

• The last time, I met him, it was like nearly a month after and it was a good idea, cause we talked about some stuff and like it helped me to get over him and now we are just Facebook friends
    But like I would recommend everyone to decide on their own, mostly you shouldn't meet, cause he might try to convince you again into having something with him and well there is a reason Why he is your ex and I say an ex should stay as an ex

• I let him back into my life... but it didn't last.

• Delete

• I don't have either of those.

• Mines just texted... so confused

• Uh i don't like to get in touch with the past. Past is past. My life is better now.