Single people, what is the main cause of being single for you?

1953

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 53

• No one can use the force of the state to ruin my life through commitment.

When someone that I really care about stabs me in the back, I can remove them from my life immediately without having to get an attorney nor facing the wrath of A Woman & Her State Scorned.

When I want to end a relationship, I don't have to fear false accusations that put my future at severe risk (that happened a couple of times - was very fortunate the charges didn't stick - scared the cr@p out of me).

I remain entirely sovereign and can do whatever I want in my free time.

I don't have to put up with my 'significant other's' cra-cra family & creepy friends.

When I wake up alone on weekend mornings, I realize how extremely fortunate I am to be single with absolutely no one having power over my life and future, but me (am financially well off - so that's crucial).

Because I learned the hard way that being single removes the potential for others to use extremely underhanded and nasty, yet bizarrely enough, legal methods to destroy my life.

Because I don't need, nor want, anyone to 'complete me'. I'm perfect, and more importantly very happy, just the way I am.

Because being legally and financially yoked and bound to another is a form of slavery/indentured servitude.

Because my singlehood (my freedom) is the #1 most important/valued thing in my life and I wouldn't give it up even under the real and present threat of immediate execution.

• I gave up on dating and don't believe in love, at least, not anymore. I suffer from depressive realism and perpetual emptiness.

See here for yourself: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2568321-do-you-ever-feel-perpetual-emptiness-or-futility-if-so-then-how-do

I'm really not a happy person, don't want to make someone else feel down around me, especially once and if they really know who I am and how I really feel about things in life and this world.

• Yup, when I am not happy, I don't want to date. The thing is I am rarely happy so that I don't want to date most of the time!

• Finding a girl who doesn't care about what color her hair is.
    How much make up she needs.
    A girl who doesn't see herself as what society paints what she should be.
    A girl who doesn't see her man as what society thinks she should be.
    A girl who is kind without trying to be, without the motive.
    A girl who doesn't gossip.

What's the word for a girl with these types of morals... (and there's more... morals than i listed)... starts with a "W"

OH an actual "woman" an adult female... not just a girl who's gotten older... Believe it or not I only found one in the last year or so...

• I care for a elderly member of my family full time and I never have the free time to go out, and that added responsibility is a bit too much for most women. which is funny because I'm fit, good looking and more financial stable then I have ever been before lol.

• Was always socially anxious, never knew how to communicate with girls. Never knew how to socialize with peers. Never did anything that other people did.

Never really had chances to get hose girls I liked one on one, or without many people knowing.

I just think that I do not care nowadays

There's a lyric in one of my favourite songs by John Frusciante, can't remember the song name, but he lyric goes like this, "I've never been up where I see the others climb, seems like it must be nice", that's pretty well my life, but now I don't really care about much

• I'm not in the right place mentally for a relationship. If I dated, it would be because I'm lonely and bored, not because I wanted a relationship or was ready to put effort into one. I'm also disabled, trans, and not interested in sex. Those tend to be turn-offs for a lot of people. I'm not ready yet to put in the effort to find someone who isn't put off by those things

• I am single because every woman in the world is just too blind too see that I am a great catch. It's all their fault. :)

I am just kidding. I can make great friendships with women but I cannot make a romantic or sexual connection with them. Also I cannot dazzle women with my non-existing good looks.

• I wished I knew... but probably excess of choice, I don't meet man people in my work or friend network so it's online for me. But when anyone is given more than 3 - 5 choices 90% won't actually make a choice, insert the amount of guys other than messaging a single girl.

• The main reason for me being Single is cause
    i always have bad luck finding the right woman
    to be special in my life.

• Introverted and my location sucks

Also I think it gets harder closer to 30-35. People start thinking about family potential and get more selective. In my case not going to college probably isn't helping.

• I'm not attractive, I'm not a thug, I'm intelligent and I speak like a white person. So that makes me lame, square, and a loser in the eyes of society.

After all, I never was one somebody would be attracted to anyway

• Hmm I do not know either I'm too average looking or in harsh terms probably I'm too much of a pussy to find a woman, I don't know honestly I mean I stopped focusing on dating and just focused on other stuff hell I'm going back to college actually so I know I'll have something to keep me busy

• I'm realizing that I'm more emotionally-guarded than I thought.

Working on that right now.

• I don't know

• Not really putting myself out there.

• I'm too ugly.

Every girl that saw my dating profile rejected me in a hundred mile radius. #Unlovable

• Im crazy confusing and misunderstood and I don't have a license lol thats the main thing honestly working on it

• quite a few reasons-the current and most painful is like an immortal tick-her mother manipulated her and put all kinds bs in her head about me

• I'm always moving

• Having kids

• not interested in getting hurt

• Just haven't found the proper mate yet.

• I can't talk to girls randomly and I'm introverted

• I m single now because of my seperation 6 years back

• She left me when I have nothing in my hand, means I was jobless for some time, we live together 16 years and after that she left without intimating me, how strange

• overqualified.

• disinterest

• unemployed, depressed, no people skills

• Shit personality and I look like a mutilated corpse.

• I'm happy single

• I am boring

• More from Guys
    23

What Girls Said 18

• My irrational fear of commitment.

• I haven't met the right person. I don't want to date someone for the sake of not being single, I want to date someone that I could actually potentially see myself being with forever.

• People think I'm taken at school. And the reason I want to be single because I haven't found Mr Right. Some day😋 right now I'm just focusing on bettering myself and having experience with talking to guys without being shy. And because I'm happy single, I don't need someone to make me happy.

• Even though I'm such a mediocre person, my standards are irrationally high :')

• and it should be high! :) never go for anything lesser than what you are looking for.. there'll always be someone for everyone.. Just my opinion, I think people these days who are in a relationship (not all of them but most) are afraid of being "alone forever" usually goes for 3rd base and end either in a bad break up or divorce, leaving them a bad impression or a bad outlook on how a relationship is suppose to be :/

• @JamesJD we should not give in to the reality?

• @samireos high interms of what?

• Putting no effort in looking for someone

• Depression

• I've been told I'm intimidating and unapproachable, so guys don't approach me! Hence: Single.

• No one sees me as a partner.

• I'm currently not looking for a relationship

• Getting heart broke agin for the last time

• Having lots of options. I'm single but that doesn't mean I don't have fun ;)

• Being in bad relationship with wrong man too long, in love n sometimes comfortable. Now single.

• Because of directing most of my time into my career, plus I can be a little fussy I guess, and the guy I did like moved around a lot with his work so we barely saw each other.

• Just waiting for the right one until marriage...

• Being unattractive.

• Ugly

• Not attracted to anyone at the moment

• not primarily putting an effort on finding a boyfriend, but at the same time nobody being interested in me